how to grow coraline?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JASONinNM said:
What effects did using tap water have on your sustem?

I depends on where you live. Our tap water is pretty bad, I won't drink it, so I can't imagine it's good for corals. I would buy bottled distilled water before I would put tap water in. But that is here, yours might be great.

I kind of think a simple water maker should be part of the basic reef keeping package. You wouldn't hedge on the lighting, why would you hedge on the most important element in the tank, the basic makeup water. I would get a RO at least, they are cheap and easy to use. I use a ion exchanger on top of the RO which might be overkill.

Using tap made me have a HUGE PROBLEM with diatoms like bad and it lasted forever until finally they're goin away since I changed my bulbs and used ro water.. u can get a cheap system on Craigslist or eBay..

Everybody has them, even your local hardware store. Bulk Reef Supply also has them cheap. I would sure start my reef from the point of knowing the makeup water is pure. If it isn't, you are conducting a rock fight from the bottom of a well!

Back
Top Bottom