Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hey Jasoninnm, is that a remora skimmer u got? I noticed the pump.. dude cover the hole that the pump takes the water from the tank into the skimmer because I also have a remora and I found one of my damsels dead cuz he got stuck in there.. I covered it with floss then I put a ruberband around it so it wouldn't get sucked in.. and that just happened today..): I've Ben trying to capture the damsel for some time and bring him to my lfs but I couldn't because all the liverock he was really meen but no fish deserves to die.. especially like that): well I'm just giving u some advice from my experience because sooner or later your clown might get sucked in there and ul wish u did... let me k wut u think.. best of luck

Old 03-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmaguirre
Hey Jasoninnm, is that a remora skimmer u got? I noticed the pump.. dude cover the hole that the pump takes the water from the tank into the skimmer because I also have a remora and I found one of my damsels dead cuz he got stuck in there.. I covered it with floss then I put a ruberband around it so it wouldn't get sucked in.. and that just happened today..): I've Ben trying to capture the damsel for some time and bring him to my lfs but I couldn't because all the liverock he was really meen but no fish deserves to die.. especially like that): well I'm just giving u some advice from my experience because sooner or later your clown might get sucked in there and ul wish u did... let me k wut u think.. best of luck
Hey buddy thanks for the advice!!! How does it look?! That's funny(not really funny actually) that u say that because I just had a 4 strip demsel vanish on me... hmmm......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110313_083857.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	30970  

Old 03-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

Looks great!(: yea that's gud that u covered it cuz the hole is pretty big and its a powerful pump and it really sux wen u lose fish/:
Old 03-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well I got it used and had cleaned the MJ really good and I just see from how much it was spraying and how much more waterr flow coming out!! I was stoked
Old 03-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

Lol yea that happened with me but in a different way wen I snapped a pipe from my dump for my piranha tank and water was flying all over the place lol..
Old 03-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Be careful what you ask for. I got my pink and white algae going a few years back. Combination of proper lighting, calcium availability and Kh.
It is very hard to clean off the glass or acrylic. This is a hard algae that can scratch the tank easily with the force required to remove it.

It does show that the water quality is pretty good, as it has to have calcium to grow. And I don't think a reef that cannot grow it is as healthy as it needs to be to grow coral. Especially hard corals. But it can be a real pain.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:59 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

i noticed my rock is starting to look cleaner and it seams as if alot of my rock is turning a darkish pink? is that coraline growth? I will post a pic tomaro when the lights are on but for the meen time?
Old 03-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

JasoninNM...get some turbo snails working on that glass dont see any in your pics some snails would.love to clean that up for you...
Old 03-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

I attached a pic that I just took of my live rock.. they have like a pinkish tint and green on them is this the beginning of growth of coraline algae?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110314_114423.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	31071  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Sure looks like it to me.

Tags
coral, coraline

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com