How to Higher High PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have a powerhead blowing water along the serface um skimmer on air is the best way fuge light 247 with a lot of chato n I keep an airstone n my fuge as well

Mine was at 8 yestarday, and I use a thing called balance, it's in a big White bottle, it ups the ph without effecting the kh and the calcium levels, it took 2 doses (240l tank) it's very expensive £30 a bottle but you can treat 2000l with a 0.2 ph increase, just to give you an idea on how far it goes

If it`s 8 and it`s stable at 8 I would not worry about it. Stability is the key here.

I use a PH buffer I'n my tank. It brings my tank to a PH of 8.3 and won't go higher so no worries about overdosing! It's I'n powder form and just mix with ur water and dump I'n tank once a week to keep it there. Easy as pie! And stability at 8.3 I'n a reef tank is key! 8.0 and your asking for a healthy algae bloom!

Pizza101 said:
I use a PH buffer I'n my tank. It brings my tank to a PH of 8.3 and won't go higher so no worries about overdosing! It's I'n powder form and just mix with ur water and dump I'n tank once a week to keep it there. Easy as pie! And stability at 8.3 I'n a reef tank is key! 8.0 and your asking for a healthy algae bloom!

Sorry id trust x on this one

Well mine was at 8 the other day as I said 2 doses and its been at 8.2 for 2 days now, I test at night just before I turn the lights off, so it been the same so it does stabilise it, and not at the cost of your kh, good stuff IMO

While this is a true statement, algae can go into overdrive without he right PH In the tank phos. Levels get high much faster with a lower PH and an algae bloom is almost a sure thing. I guess to save from having an argument all I was saying is that a PH of 8.3 is the goal of most reefkeepers that I know. If 8.0 is working for you awesome! I also like to keep my salinity at 1.026 unlike some others that shoot for a little lower.

nope. you asked me to do some research and i found the opposite to be true.

"pH The pH range for most cultured algal species is between 7 and 9, with the optimum range being 8.2-8.7. Complete culture collapse due to the disruption of many cellular processes can result from a failure to maintain an acceptable pH. The latter is accomplished by aerating or mixing the culture. In the case of high-density algal culture, the addition of carbon dioxide allows to correct for increased pH, which may reach limiting values of up to pH 9 during algal growth."

http://www.growing-algae.com/algae-growing-conditions.html

Back
Top Bottom