How to keep corals attached to rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armyman16

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently purchased a couple GSP frags at my lfs and they stayed on the rocks for a couple days but now they won't stay on... Ive heard of buying a reef safe glue that sticks them to the rocks does that work well? And what about a rubber band? I don't have any of that glue right now so would a rubberband work?

Superglue gel works. I personally do not like using rubber bands. If you don't have glue just try to wedge it in the rock work.

I like super glue for stony frags. Epoxy can also work but it's a more permanent bond. Rubber bands work well for softie corals. If it's GSP with the mat type, I'd just stick a part of it in a rock crevice and let the coral attach on it's own.

I've tried wedging and since their are GSPs I know they will stretch so I have a certain rock chosen out for them but they keep falling off

Best bet is rubberband then. Unless you can find a way to softly wedge it somewhere in a low flow area.

Rubberbands degrade over time and become toxic so no more than 2 weeks or so is what i do.

Back
Top Bottom