How to make live sand???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LittleParr said:
So tanks with finer sands should have a shallower depth, and larger sized aragonite can have a deeper depth?
Not necessarily, all I'm suggesting is if a shallower bed, you will have better success with a smaller grain size. That really goes for a deeper bed as well but there much more to it.

Are there any suitable blennies for 33-75g home aquarium (undecided)? What about gobies? Sorry for the large number of questions in this posting...
I wouldn't suggest any sandsifters for a tank in that size range fish or otherwise. Plenty of goboids that would work well as would some of the blennioids. Just be mindful to research their dietary needs and avoid sifting species or heavy zooplankton feeders. Also be wary that with many of these species that they are very skiddish and will require a peaceful tank, no boisterously active fish for best results given the tank size.

http://wetwebfotos.com/Home?actionRequest=mediaSearchByKeywords&perPage=10&ID=blenny
http://wetwebfotos.com/Home?actionRequest=mediaSearchByKeywords&perPage=10&ID=goby

Cheers
Steve

Well, I was thinking of going with a selection of the following fish: false perc clowns, yellow tang, royal gramma, kaudern's cardinal, yellow watchman goby, flame angel and coral beauty, longnose hawkfish, and bicolour blenny. With as much aragonite and LR as possible. Can inverts go with these?

LittleParr said:
Can inverts go with these?
All except the hawkfish will be fine.

false perc clowns, yellow tang, royal gramma, kaudern's cardinal, yellow watchman goby, flame angel and coral beauty, longnose hawkfish, and bicolour blenny.
I would not mix the bicolor and royal gramma, nor the flame and coral beauty in a tank that size. You will need to pair down the list anyway as it will definately be overstocked. There are alot of combinations to choose from otherwise but try to stick to 6 of these 9 (or less) and be mindful of adult sizes, not purchase sizes.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom