How to move a Toadstool Leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krypt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a small Toadstool Leather and he's currently mounted to a piece of tile that is glued to a rock. Is there any way to peel him off the tile and get him to reattach to the rock. The tile looks nasty and has two green bubbles on it (bubble algae) and I want it gone asap before it spreads.

rip it off and try gluing it. leathers will slime up pretty good, so you might not be able to glue it successfully. you could gently squeeze it between 2 pieces of rock and let it attach itself over a few days.

Thanks X, I wasn't sure if they were like nems where if the foot gets torn, its lights out. I'll just scrape it off and tie it to the rock for a few days.

I put toothpicks through the pieces and glue the toothpick to the rock. The leather will attach and start to grow over the toothpick. You can pull the toothpick out once the leather attaches.
I also blunt the the toothpick ends as much as possible and have thought about using a dab of AquaStick putty on the ends, but haven't done that in the past.

You can also take a piece of bridal veil/mesh and wrap it over top with an elastic holding it in place. I normally just jam it into a crevice in my rock.

alot of people use chunks of rubble in a container that they can keep it still until it attaches. same with ricordias and other floaty species

I ended up using Cmor's toothpick idea. It worked perfect. Took about 5 days but the leather attached itself and I removed the toothpick yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom