how to move carpet anemone!!! iff possible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marinefishys

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi recently bought a carpet anemone and during the night it moved n positioned itself to the front ov the tank so all i can see is his big white foot!!! I was told to put a powerhead infront ov it to try n make it move but its still holding strong n its been under it for 6 hours n it doesnt look like hes gna move stubborn bugger any other tips on how i could try n move it hes a pic thank you :))

ForumRunner_20130226_183854.jpg

Nice color on that one. I can definitely see why you'd want it to move. Even if you're successful, there's no guarantee it won't go somewhere else you don't want it. Despite apparently not having a brain, they have amind of their own!

You might try aiming the powerhead at the foot instead of the crown. They seem to protect their feet by hding the foot in the sand or in a rock, so I guess you're making it uncomfortable and making it want to move. (Mine keeps its foot in the sand.)

Nice color on that one. I can definitely see why you'd want it to move. Even if you're successful, there's no guarantee it won't go somewhere else you don't want it. Despite apparently not having a brain, they have amind of their own!

You might try aiming the powerhead at the foot instead of the crown. They seem to protect their feet by hding the foot in the sand or in a rock, so I guess you're making it uncomfortable and making it want to move. (Mine keeps its foot in the sand.)
Ye thnx it is a beautifull one!! he can go anywhere but the front ov the tank lol il try aiming the powerhead directly at the foot see if that works thnx :)

I don't know if its the same however I moved my BTA by gently tickling its foot. Eventually it lifted enough and then unstuck itself. However like mentioned above it will move to where it feels most comfortable

Update!!! Hes finally moved and into a nice place!! Thnx for all ur help :)

ForumRunner_20130227_144949.jpg

ForumRunner_20130227_145028.jpg

Glad it worked out. And that anemone is beautiful. Where'd you get it if you don't mind?

Thank you very much i got it from my lfs in barry, wales, united kingdom the shops called rocks n critters they also have a website called rocksncritters.co.uk i bought a pair of premium A picasso from him aswell fair doos they only do top quality i payed £80 gor the anemone :))

ForumRunner_20130227_163525.jpg

Back
Top Bottom