Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Update.

I have been urged to keep the salt water fish.

Should i consider going through with it? How would I take down, transport, and set up?

Should save as much water as possible? To make it easier on the stock? I need everyones opinion.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I did this when I picked up my 65 gal, not to difficult as I mentioned before I transported the fish in a bucket lined with a trash bag and slipped in an air stone, for the live rock I took two 25 gallon totes and filled them with the live rock and tank water, I took as much of the original tank water with me as possible so when I reset the tank at home I only had to mix @ 15-20 gallons of new water,so it ended up being like a large water change, if you can get some salt and mix your water ahead of time, one less thing to worry about during the reset rush and it's recommended to let the salt mix at least a few hours before adding to the tank, in my case I kept the sand that was in the tank but if I were to do it again I would just buy new arragonite and maybe seed it with a couple handfulls from the original set up, once I had the tank back together I then drip acclimated the livestock that were still in the bucket to water that was in the tank, acouple months later I still have everyone that came with that set up except for an engineer goby that jumped out of the tank. the most important things I can recomend is have some water mixed ahead of time and do as much prep ahead of time as possible, pick the space for the tank, clear out that area and have anything you may need on hand to make it quicker and easierto reset the tank

Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thank you manbeast.

Its a 45ish tank i believe. I took as much water as I could.

I put all of the live rock in a tupperware container, filled it with the tank water.

Put the Yellow Tang in a 5 gallon bucket, and the two Black Clowns in a seperate bucket.

The live rock had alot of algae? on it. How would I get that off? Do i clean the rocks before reassembling? Or after? It appears to be a gold color.

Whats the healthiest way for the fish to reassemble tge set up?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would just brush off as much algae as possible. as your putting the rock back in, as for the fish do a drip after getting the tank back together, I'm not possitive but a tang might be a little large for a 45ish tank but I'm sure someone else here would know better

Tags
move, salt, saltwater, saltwater fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com