How to place anemone and prevent him from getting killed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
how can I let my anemone take root without getting sucked into the filters/powerheads?

I was thinking of turning them off but won't he just move once I turn them on?

The anemone moves wherever it wants to. Mine decided to take a stroll last night and I had to turn off all the power heads to prevent it from getting sucked up.

The manually thing may work. If you turn the powerheads off until he finds a spot, that spot may not have alot of flow and he may not like it one they turn on. Im not sure as I have never owned one, but just a thought.

i placed him on a flat rock and placed him on the sand, he was there this morning but now im worried he's moving around while im at work or even worse stuck in a powerhead :(

i just wanna get home and make sure he's okay ): cross your fingers everybody

When I had my nem he stayed in one spot for the entire time I had him. I did however return him after spending one too many days wondering if he was stuck in a filter or had eaten a fish. Too much worry for not alot of payoff in my opinion.

Good luck with yours, hope he stays outta trouble.

Make sure your powerheads are well away from the rocks and not pointed directly at them. Could help him from wandering into one or being swept off and sucked up.

When I had my nem he stayed in one spot for the entire time I had him. I did however return him after spending one too many days wondering if he was stuck in a filter or had eaten a fish. Too much worry for not alot of payoff in my opinion.

Good luck with yours, hope he stays outta trouble.

thanks for the heads up carey, i was stressing about him too all day xD. I called my mums and she says hes staying put :). I'm gonna put some netting around each of the filters to keep him out. As for the fish, I have 2 clarkii's, 1 watchman and 1 yellowhead jawfish. I hope nothing happens but they tend to stay in their burrows all the time :D ty though Carey

they don't have brains so they don't think. no conscious decisions, but they do have an "instinct". that instinct makes them move away from a less than ideal environment. make sure your parameters are as close to perfect as possible and your lighting is strong. if the light is too strong, it will stay towards the bottom. if it's weak, it's gonna travel towards the light.
to answer your question- there isn't any way to know for sure if it will get sucked into a power head or not, and even if they do, it's not going to kill it. it will just be tangled up and look ugly for a couple days until it frees itself.

Back
Top Bottom