Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Would it help? I want to keep him but want more fish....... Idk what to do........ I hate this. Do they usually one day kill every tank mate?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I actually may know what the problem is. 1. He is slightly aggressive, but really not that aggressive. The stress is what killed the stingray and the tang, because the tang only had 2 small holes and the stingray just a welt. 2. I DON'T feed him. Could that be it? I may start giving him a 1/3 of a shrimp every night wheat he's out hunting. I think he was trying I eat the tang; that's what it looked like atleast. Do you think this could be the reason? Also, this coupled with letting the fish set out a territory, could this work? As you can see, I LOVE MY LOBSTER!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crister13
I actually may know what the problem is. 1. He is slightly aggressive, but really not that aggressive. The stress is what killed the stingray and the tang, because the tang only had 2 small holes and the stingray just a welt. 2. I DON'T feed him. Could that be it? I may start giving him a 1/3 of a shrimp every night wheat he's out hunting. I think he was trying I eat the tang; that's what it looked like atleast. Do you think this could be the reason? Also, this coupled with letting the fish set out a territory, could this work? As you can see, I LOVE MY LOBSTER!!!!!!
You cant control wild behavior. Yes all thay may help, but its no guarantee. He could be peaceful the rest of his life. He could also kill everything he encounters.

Personally ive never owned anything that was a killer and turned out peaceful so im sorry to say i highly doubt that happening but it could.

You best bet is getting him his own dedicated tank but youll have to weigh the risks.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Setting up another tank isn't going to work. No money and no "yes" from the parents lol. I think what I'm going to do is when I get new fish I'll catch him and put him in fuge for a week or 2 so he gets used to it, then put him back in the dt. Also, il fee 1/3 shrimp every night. Also I'll only get fish bigger than him. Hopefully ~8". He doesn't bother anything put in the tank before him, so hopefully the fuge thing will work. If I see any aggression towards new fish, which I doubt because it will e a big puffer or something, hell go to te lfs. I'll monitor the tank for awhile also after putting him back into the tank from the sump. Hope this works!!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!!!!

Tags
aggression, lobster

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com