How to spread coraline algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I got some lr with alot or purple algae on it. I put most of it in my canister and took the bigger nicer ones in the tank itself . How does it spread to the other live rock? Does the rock with the purple have to be touching the other rocks to spread of will it just spread naturally? Thanks

I love it, but not on the glass. At least on the front and sides. I use a razor blade scraper to get it off. But thats also good cause the algae can then attach to rocks and stuff.

Ok I get it . When I first started sw I was like why does everyone want green or purple algae I just didn't get it at first but I'll admit it's pretty cool. So the more that it spreads will it help to use up some nitrates?

I don't think coralline will help with nitrates. While it is algae the main reason for having the purple is that people like it. Youre still stuck doing water changes, having a refugium or skimming. ;-)

Ok cool deal I like doing water changes anyways my puffer circles the gravel vac and follows it around the tank it's pretty darn funny to me

You`ll need to check your Alkalinity, calcium and magnesium. Get your LFS to check them out.

There is a link I found on a Facebook page about coraline algae
Search face book for
T-County reef junkies

Back
Top Bottom