how to stick coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

portion

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
sorry real beginner here
got corals last nite
how do go about puttin the coral onto the live rock?
am i suppose to get a glue??
i have heard about some underwater clue?
i have a branch type coral and a rock like one
sorry no pics yet will post as soon as i can
currently i have the rock like one resting on the rock a flat area
and the branch like one sorta wedged between rock

usually people just do as you did and wedge them into cracks and crevices. you can also use a super glue gel or a two part epoxy available at most LFS.

Can you give us more info on the types? There are some best mounting practices depending on the particular class of coral.

Store. In nearly all parts of the US its illegal to collect wild corals from the reef.

hey fishfreek, my question was for portion. My question was prompted by the fact that he bought a coral that was not attached to a rock of some sort or perhaps I misread that fact into the question.

I was once in San Diego for a week and wanted to take home some souviners but was informed that I could not take the sea shells home with me :( Dont tell any one but...Back in 1972 my 15 gallon freshwater had rocks in it that I took from The Cape Cod Canal :)

yea i got them from a store
i got the pics!!
yea as i said i just rested them on the rock??
will they eventually bond to the rock?

Wow nice looking corals.

I dont have much experiance with corals but, I did observe my lfs taking frags off of large pulsing xena. They took the pieces and attached them to a small base rock with a rubberband.

The next week I went back and purchased one and it was allready attached to the rock .

Back
Top Bottom