How to stick corals and rocks underwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

birman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been trying to use the salifert coral stick to stick hard corals and ricordia mushrooms on rocks but the result is rather disappointing. I've managed to attach some with super glue then use the coral stick as secondary paste. Can anyone recommend something good that can bond underwater and is aquarium safe. There are some rocks which I cannot remove from the tank.
All recommendations are greatly appreciated.

For the mushrooms you can use some wedding veil to hold the mushroom down to the rock and it should attach on its own over a weeks time.

The hard corals for the ones that I have attached to large rocks what I have done is put a very large glob of gel superglue on the bottom and then when i put the coral on the rock I try to have a spot that might already have a crevice or crack that I can get the hard coral down into. Then i give it a little twist to break up the gel superglue where it has formed a sort of skin.

Thanks, fishfreek. What kind of gel superglue do you use? What kind of ingredient to look out for to be aquarium safe?

I prefer to use Loctite Quicktite Super Glue Gel... It is very thick and bond quite fast...

Back
Top Bottom