Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
if I can find one for cheap maybe will try it , the $60. the pet shop wanted was just a little crazy, I have this one domino damsel I've been trying to catch for almost 6 months ,
I want to re-home him to my predator tank , he's just too mean for my reef tank ,
almost ready to just bait a hook to catch this bugger
I have been reading both positive and negative reviews on red nets been on Google
all morn reading up, so it sounds like it's either hit or miss
Your best bet is a fish trap.

Mebbid's Fishtopia: Various builds
"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations." -Occam's razor
Mebbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #12
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
I'll have to check them out

Fish are like lifesavers
They come in different colors

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:28 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Evolution may have played the rule to make fish receptive to ultra violet but not on red color or is it just a coincidence since red does not penetrate the deeper water unlike the ultra violet? It's like fish who have been exposed to total darkness for a long time and eyes are no longer necessary to survive so they develop to have to more eyes. In a sense, since there is no red light in deep ocean, so fish has no need to see red color. Just my opinion. BTW these 2 colors are on the opposite end of the light spectrum.
"Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion". George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

jeffaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:22 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
one thing I have done in the past with moderate success is to put the net in the tank and leave it for a day or two until the fish just accept it as décor. If it works, then they don't immediately run for cover when you try to net them.
I have had about 40% success with doing this.

the lfs I frequent most often usually just use the clear holding containers and herd the targeted fish into it. There is one guy there who can get just about any fish that way, it's friggin uncanny how the fish will just willingly swim into the container for this guy.
But maneuvering one of those in a display tank would be tough.
what is needed is a clear net. I wonder if monofilament could be used, but I imagine a net of it would just look white overall.

PB_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com