Hows this for crappy timing ! Lesson learned here people...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
SO...
I am getting ready for a cruise to Mexico..
Wanting to make sure all water levels and stuff is good for my bud to feed the fish I started to do a top off....
I had the hose from the sink to the top of the emporer 400. I use the small slots to hold the hose from the RO unit. I don't heat it or anything, it's small amounts and the tank temp doesn't drop...
SO we had to run to get new clothes... I need a glass of water... I disconnect the hose and get me my water and we go on our happy shopping way....

4 hours later, I have to drop the wife off @ home cause my best bud needs my help...Cell rings, she asks are you draining the tank? I'm alll Umm no, I filled it WHY ? she's all Umm it's like 8 in down from the top ! The dam hose was in the top of the water and there was a siphoin from the intake on the Emporer into my sink ! powerheads JUST under the water and 80% of the heater not in the water... Tube just sizzling away .. Thaks Ebo for making a killer heater that didn't crack !

SO now I'm making 13 gallons of water and have a heater in it with a powerhead... I have work in the morning and I need to get to sleep... I'm gonna wait as long as I can and see what the temp gets to and hope for the best....

Wish me luck !

well, it' a little late I suppose, but if you leave the powerheads running you should be able to heat and mix the water all night and add it this morning.

Good Luck...When I was going away for a weekend a few months back my Mag-Drive junked out the night before.

Well at least nothing died. Hope it stays that way. Have a good trip 0X

Have a great trip!! Sould like Murphy's law at work.
Hope everything turns out well.
Have a good time and relax....!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys...
I added 13 gallons of water last night @ like 3 AM and it was up to temp but I don't think it was mixed too well... my SG was ok and so was the temp.I need to add like 5 more gallons or so... I have 13 more gallons of salted and heated water ready to go into the tank in the AM before we leave ! And no floaters this morning ! I was pretty happy. Not too worried on the fish they are hearty... It's the star and 2 scallops I am worried about. They were all doing well this AM b 4 work !

That is some story ..good thing your wife knows you and the tank. Otherwise you may have had a major problem. Have a good time in Mexico and I bet your tank will be fine while your sucking down margaritas and snorkeling some awesome spots.

I like using the microwave for quick water heating. I can get 5 gallons of water up to 80 ºF in about 20 minutes that way.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom