Huge button polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just had to share. Scored this for $40. It's almost 6 inches long.

Scored these for $40. It's almost 6 inches long. The smallest polyp is the size of a dime, not including its "feelers". Biggest is at least the size of a half dollar. What do you think? Good buy?

Attachments

• image-313618522.jpg
    image-313618522.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 112
  • image-835768783.jpg
    image-835768783.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
Not a deal really, but a pretty good purchase! How many polyps? If you had bought a small frag, you would have had a colony in no time! Definitly fast growers

AbsoluteFaye said:
About 40 polyps I guess. Give or take. How fast do they spread? I have an 8 bulb t5.

8 bulb? Wow! Ya most palys grow quick. Youll have double that in another 3-4 months. Keep them very very low

Thank you fort. It said it didn't post the first time. Stupid iPhone. And I didn't realize they grew that fast. And everyone I've me ruined I had an 8 bulb to seems amazed. Why is that? Lol. We bought our tank off Craigslist for $350. 75gal tank and stand and 8 blub t5. I thought it was a good deal but everyone seems shocked like an 8 bulb is outta this world. Lol. I don't get it.

AbsoluteFaye said:
Thank you fort. It said it didn't post the first time. Stupid iPhone. And I didn't realize they grew that fast. And everyone I've me ruined I had an 8 bulb to seems amazed. Why is that? Lol. We bought our tank off Craigslist for $350. 75gal tank and stand and 8 blub t5. I thought it was a good deal but everyone seems shocked like an 8 bulb is outta this world. Lol. I don't get it.

8 bulb is alot of light. Depending on what corals you have, most will need to be atthe bottom of the tank. I have a 6 bulb and i burn most anything that i put up too high

I have a large colony of these ! Very fast growers ! Yours look nice !

image-732278757.jpg

Grant, you light fixture is 6 bulbs next to eachother. Most eight bulbs are 2 sections of 4, not 8 all next to eachother. Not sure if your fixture is like that Faye.

Back
Top Bottom