Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyP

what type do you have? I saw some today I was looking them up on reefs2go there were like 5 bucks and had a fighting conch or a queen conch i think? I dont want them to plow through my rocks though since I have them laying on top of eachother that's the only thing I was worried about.
I have what i was told are 2 strawberry conch. Ones a lot bigger than the other. The big one is about 3", the other maybe 2". My rocks aren't glued either, and I've had no problems. $5 is a great deal! I paid about $15 for each of mine. They can't climb up the rocks. They can take fairly good sized "steps" and crawl over small things on the sand, but they stay on the sand. At times they'll head behind the rock and i wont see them for a couple of days, but then they come back around. They'll bury themselves about halfway in the sand to sleep. They stick their tongue waaayy out sometimes when they clean, it's kinda cool to watch. And then those eyes that poke out in different directions, it's weird. Lol. But they keep my sand looking great! I'm glad I got them.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also, from what I've read, only need 1 conch per 2sq feet of sand. They work fairly quick for a giant snail.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have a conch that I got on beengirls suggestion and it does an awesome job! Very cool to watch as well. He's been buried in the sand a few day but I see an eye pop out every now and then so I assume he's ok lol... But for $5 it's a great deal
Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll have to check my LFS to see if they have a conch. Ive always wanted one and I was thinking about getting 1 for my 55g tank it's 48long by 12 wide so I want to make sure that he doesnt starve and gets to clean and roam the sand bed by himself. If i order it offline it was $5 but im sure theyll nail me on a shipping charge or something so even if its 15 at the store ill just grab it. I'll post up some pics when/if I get it this weekend or next after thanksgiving.

TommyP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bloom, diatom, huge

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com