Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

stupid parents.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:41 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

go for it and fix that tank - prove yourself to your parents!

Old 07-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Go partypalooza. If you do fix it try to take before and after pictures.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

fix the tank! that'll show 'em
Old 07-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's probably not worth messing with your mom's friend's tank. Just make sure your tank always looks better, which doesn't sound like it'll be an issue. Some people have more money than brains (how does that happen?) and they always have to be right.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
Some people have more money than brains (how does that happen?) and they always have to be right.
sadly, that is so true
Old 08-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #17
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

how old are you? im 21, living away from home, and my parents fuss about my aquariums every time i talk to them... i feel like i do a decent job with them, especially since i just started 2 months ago... they stay clean and algae free ... i would just prove to them you know what you're doing... if they are no-it-all parents like mine (my dad is a high school biology/chemistry teacher) then they will certainly know a nice well kept tank when they see one... prove them wrong... trust me, parents may be out for your best interest, but sometimes they are wrong keep it up, sounds like you really know what youre doing
Old 08-01-2009, 02:08 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
how old are you? im 21, living away from home, and my parents fuss about my aquariums every time i talk to them... i feel like i do a decent job with them, especially since i just started 2 months ago... they stay clean and algae free ... i would just prove to them you know what you're doing... if they are no-it-all parents like mine (my dad is a high school biology/chemistry teacher) then they will certainly know a nice well kept tank when they see one... prove them wrong... trust me, parents may be out for your best interest, but sometimes they are wrong keep it up, sounds like you really know what youre doing
I'm only 16 xD. Starting a SW tank isn't something normal 16 year olds do from what I understand...

I plan to give my moms friend suggestions and see what happens. I'll prove it's possible to keep a tank looking great and not have it be extremely expensive.

I may not be a total expert, but I try to learn as much as I can. If one of my friends tried to start a tank it would probably turn into a septic tank O_o.

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #19
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

wow dude, more power to you... seriously, most 16yr olds have other things they would find more important than having the responsibility of keeping up an aquarium, especially saltwater... and to be doing the research you are, and with the knowledge you have, youre going to be one heck of an aquarist one day, if not already keep it up, eventually they will back off
Old 08-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
wow dude, more power to you... seriously, most 16yr olds have other things they would find more important than having the responsibility of keeping up an aquarium, especially saltwater... and to be doing the research you are, and with the knowledge you have, youre going to be one heck of an aquarist one day, if not already keep it up, eventually they will back off

xD Thanks! Well, (mini story here) I have always loved water. When I was like 8 I would buy PVC and make stuff out of it. I was a crazy kid. xD. Then I got my first fish, a Betta, and ever since I've loved the fish keeping hobby. I upgraded to a 10G tank, (way over stocked it.. lesson learned..) Then to a 29G where everything is doing well to this day. The betta I started with lived for two years before it finally died. (I consider that a record seeing as most only last a week..)

I decided I wanted more of a challange, so I started researching SW aquariums 2 years ago. Since then I have been pretty much obsessed with them. I still spend a few hours each day researching. As I've said before I am not an expert by any means, but I'm confident I can take on the responsibility of a SW tank.

(Edit: more stuff lol)

As for the future, I hope to someday have a fish room in my own place. I may try to get into marine biology but things can change. I really would love to someday open a LFS or an aquarium installation/service business. Getting paid to work with aquariums sounds sweet to me!

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com