Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #21
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

i wish i had had a goal like that when i was your age... id have probably stayed in school... keep up the good work dude, stick with it. dont let anybody change your mind, thats the important thing... no matter what you do in life, having a job that you enjoy is very important... i look forward to visiting your business one day, if i ever get to texas lol... keep it up, go for it, sounds like youre on the road to success

Old 08-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

sounds like that person doesnt know how to run a tank and battle/prevent algae problems, etc. or doesnt sound like she cares to learn either. a SW tank isnt even hard work as long as u keep up with basic water changes and stuff. i have timers for lights, food, etc. i spend more time sitting and watching than my 15 minute weekly or biweekly water change.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
wow dude, more power to you... seriously, most 16yr olds have other things they would find more important than having the responsibility of keeping up an aquarium, especially saltwater... and to be doing the research you are, and with the knowledge you have, youre going to be one heck of an aquarist one day, if not already keep it up, eventually they will back off
Actually i find that young people make better aquariust in the long run because in the end they have more exp. and they have much more energy then other older aquariust. No offense to all the older ones. I myself am 17 yrs old. *Aquired moment*:-|
Old 08-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #24
Thanx but no.....

That could be the funniest thing I've read it a long time. Even got all your spelling and grammar right! Congrats. I can't wait for you to enter the workforce and apply your logic. I just wish we were best buds so I could follow along.

I vote for a STICKY on this one.

Etunes, you're my POSTER OF THE WEAK !

Now somebody get me my Metamucil.

I'm 100% sure this will get deleted but I just couldn't resist..

OMG

BTW my friend, here's a paradox to stimulate the mind... 'in the long' must make you an older aquariust thus the younger brood would be writing the same thing about you, even though at this moment in the time line you profess that in the future you will be better. No?

Time travel perhaps? A Star Gate? Worm Hole ? Black Hole? .....
Old 08-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #25
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

LMAO. Gotta agree with Ahab here. We may be old and apparently lack energy, but we do our research and don't buy bichirs for 20G tanks. ;P

Now, where's my walker so that I can hobble over to do a water change?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol its in the living room HN1
Old 08-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm too old for even that nonsense anymore. Now I just keep all my tanks in reach of the garden hose, so a water change is just one drain, one fill, even for an 80% change on the 75 gallon. In fact my outside faucet is a little leaky, so I just have to put the end of the hose in the tank, turn on the water long enough to fill the hose (about 3 seconds) and shut it off again to drain, then turn it back on to fill. I do a lot more water changes now than I used to.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzeiger View Post
I'm too old for even that nonsense anymore. Now I just keep all my tanks in reach of the garden hose, so a water change is just one drain, one fill, even for an 80% change on the 75 gallon. In fact my outside faucet is a little leaky, so I just have to put the end of the hose in the tank, turn on the water long enough to fill the hose (about 3 seconds) and shut it off again to drain, then turn it back on to fill. I do a lot more water changes now than I used to.
wow thats smart!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The only downside is that it still freaks me out putting chlorinated water directly in the tank. Prime is good stuff though, and I haven't had any problems even with newborn molly fry, day old crayfish and a sensitive catfish.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

yeah prime is good stuff!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com