Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
if i ever get around to building a house, im going to have a nice big room for my fish tanks, and of course, have a nice big sink for water changes... i guess those pythons are nice, somebody had recommended one on here, i just really hate to spend so much money on tubing and a hookup, when i can probably build my own cheap... if i ever get around to it, ill have to take step by step pictures for you all...
Yea, I got a python and for FW it's great (other than it doesn't mix in dechlorniator..) I wanted to get an extension hose but it was like 25 bucks! I just went to HD and got some tubing and a connector and I was good to go.

The idea is simple enough. If anything, I like it for the faucet pump thing.

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
well im not going to get in to that battle... personally, i fee like "old" people can make the same mistakes as "young" people, its all about experience. everybody makes mistakes when they start out, i sure have...
I completely agree, which is why i would perfer to be on the old peoples side when it comes to the experience and knowledge.

Ok, s

Old 08-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etunes View Post
But i will give you this, Young/more energy=stupid decisions/less experience, Older/less energy=smart decisions/more experience.
I think they just don't have the energy to make stupid decisions LOL!

Old 08-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
well im not going to get in to that battle... personally, i fee like "old" people can make the same mistakes as "young" people, its all about experience. everybody makes mistakes when they start out, i sure have...
I completely agree, which is why i would perfer to be on the old peoples side when it comes to the experience and knowledge.

Ok, so here is a start of what i was kinda talking about. A sample if you will. It is gonna take me a while to draw up the rest on the computer.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #45
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

MFD for the win! Age has very little bearing on anything. It's about attitude, experience, willingness to learn etc. I started with 5 koi in a 3G tank... I know several teenagers from forums that absolutely know more than I do and are very exacting about everything. I try to learn from them every chance I get. Likewise, I know plenty that refuse to listen because (like we all did) they know everything at 17 and have a tough time with being patient or open to other ideas. Seen the same stuff on both sides from 60 year olds too though.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #46
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

well, i started to get one today, but its really just a tube with a faucet adapter that primes the hose then siphons right? if so, i can make one soooo much cheaper (i think)... im trying to do this aquarium thing with as little money as possible... today i spent the most money on aquarium stuff that i ever have... i bought a nice 450 watt heater... i got tired of constantly having to plug and unplug my "preset" heaters, so i got one that keeps it steady... that set me back $30... i also got a new 55 which cost me a whopping $15 and made the guy throw in the hob filter i saw in his garage... i may even splurge and spend another $25 on a 46gal bowfront here in a few... oh and i spent $5 on a tube of sealent and resealed that 55(just in case) ... im a firm believer in craigslist
Old 08-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #47
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HN1 View Post
MFD for the win! Age has very little bearing on anything. It's about attitude, experience, willingness to learn etc. I started with 5 koi in a 3G tank... I know several teenagers from forums that absolutely know more than I do and are very exacting about everything. I try to learn from them every chance I get. Likewise, I know plenty that refuse to listen because (like we all did) they know everything at 17 and have a tough time with being patient or open to other ideas. Seen the same stuff on both sides from 60 year olds too though.

HN1, my first tank was a 55, and it has seriously turned in to a "new tank every paycheck" hobby! I have bought a new tank every single paycheck since i moved out of my parents house 2 months ago, im up to 6 now... and like i said in my last post, may be getting another one tonight... i have to stop it somehow, its just so addicting. I cant wait until i no longer have to ask for advice from you guys and start actually putting good quality answers in on some of the questions these guys are asking... but like everything else, with time comes experience... i guess in a few years ill be like you and be able to help out people like me who are just starting out. luckily, i joined here and have learned SO much over the past week... you guys are great and i totally respect your opinions
Old 08-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

xD I'll draw my idea out tonight. (It's gonna be on MS paint probably so prepare for horrible drawing.)

Old 08-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #49
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

haha, im looking forward to it... i can just imagine now what its going to look like, paint NEVER works out right for anything except bordom lol and just so you know, microsoft is a curse word to me... i absolutely HATE anything windows... OS X all the way
Old 08-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
haha, im looking forward to it... i can just imagine now what its going to look like, paint NEVER works out right for anything except bordom lol and just so you know, microsoft is a curse word to me... i absolutely HATE anything windows... OS X all the way
HAHA I almost got kicked off the computers for the rest of the year for playing with MS paint in the computer lab.. guess being bored is against the rules

I too hate Microsoft, Only the company not so much the product (windows aint that great though) And I have nothing against Bill Gates, He's not a genius but he's not satin.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com