Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good luck to all who are in the storm's path. Stay safe and stay strong.

Old 09-22-2005, 03:35 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
she has lost some strength, let's pray that trend continues...public advisory 20a says maximum sustained winds of 150, now a cat4

Old 09-22-2005, 03:44 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Brodie
If anyone needs any help in the up and coming days, please feel free to message me.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

chances are, after the hurricane you will not have communication for a few days, so make sure you have some sort of way to relay information to anyone you need to.
75g w/ 30g sump, 160# LR, 60# sand: Inverts =18 turbos, 30 nassirus's, 40 blue leg's, 5 emeralds, 1 CBS, 1 skunk cleaner, 1 brown gulf shrimp? and various other LR hitch hikers yet un discovered or un-ID'ed
Fish=1 yellow tang, 1 yellow headed jawfish, 1 pink/blue shrimpgoby, 2 perc clowns.
Future fish = 1 sixline, 1 lawnmower blenny
Old 09-22-2005, 04:52 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

The news guy just said it is starting to turn toward New Orleans now.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Explain to me why people live in such areas that are know through out history to be deadly and unsafe. Is it the price, the scenery, the thrill or just to unfortunate to realize the danger of these areas? It amazes me that so many people year after year rebuild what has been torn down by Mother Nature’s wrath to only have it knocked down again repeatedly. Can’t they take a hint when it is right there in your face clear as day? Is there not a point that these people realize that this is not where we should be living and move to higher ground?

The power of nature will concur every time no mater what levee, dam, bridge or break wall is built. “WE” are just a pawn in this cruel game and too many people think they can win.
90gal display, ASM G3 Protein Skimmer in a 29gal sump. 77pds of LR and 40pds or LS. 1 aquaclear 50 power head and a maxijet 950 power head. My tenates are 2 percules clowns, 1 Coral Beauty, 2 cleaner shrimp, 10 astral snail, 2 turbos, 1 diamond watchman goby, 1 sandsifting starfish, 2 green BTA(split), and 1 Seabae green tips.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:35 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

you missed the frozen lands, and their blizzards, the heat in the deserts and the earth quake ridden states to the west, and the tornadoes in the midwest...

where do you want to go?

Besides... New Orleans is a very important city, as it sits at the mississippi rivers delta... and has controlled cargo in the past. The mississippi river carries an unprecedented amount of economic cargo each day that we use on daily basis.

75g w/ 30g sump, 160# LR, 60# sand: Inverts =18 turbos, 30 nassirus's, 40 blue leg's, 5 emeralds, 1 CBS, 1 skunk cleaner, 1 brown gulf shrimp? and various other LR hitch hikers yet un discovered or un-ID'ed
Fish=1 yellow tang, 1 yellow headed jawfish, 1 pink/blue shrimpgoby, 2 perc clowns.
Future fish = 1 sixline, 1 lawnmower blenny
Old 09-22-2005, 05:40 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Every place on Earth has some type of natural disaster. I'd rather live in Florida with the hurricanes rather than somewhere like California(earthquakes) or Kansas(tornadoes)
Old 09-22-2005, 06:25 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Just because the Mississippi is used for the rivers does not mean someone has to live there. This not only cost America billions of dollars every year live are lost in hte process of "oh i have to live by the sea and this is a great place to live". Well so is chicago but you dont see me risking my life every season.

Start using our heads here and stop rebuilding in these areas that are just going to be knocked down next month in this case next week.
90gal display, ASM G3 Protein Skimmer in a 29gal sump. 77pds of LR and 40pds or LS. 1 aquaclear 50 power head and a maxijet 950 power head. My tenates are 2 percules clowns, 1 Coral Beauty, 2 cleaner shrimp, 10 astral snail, 2 turbos, 1 diamond watchman goby, 1 sandsifting starfish, 2 green BTA(split), and 1 Seabae green tips.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:26 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
This is not the place, nor the time to start criticizing people for where they live. Please try to be a little more compassionate.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com