Hydra 52 Non HD light setting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TSJ Reefer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi.. can anyone suggest the best light setting for my current 220g setup.. current height 3 lights installation is about 15inches from the surface of my display tank. dimension of my tank is 60Lx24Wx30H measure in inches.

i notice the growth of my sps is very slow for about 1.5years even for my easy sps like forest fire.. please need some opinion n help

here is my water parameter:

Temperature:26'C
Salinity:1.023
pH:8.4
KH:8.7dkH
Ca:430ppm
Mg:1410ppm
NH4:0ppm
NO2:0ppm
NO3:5ppm
PO4:0.03ppm
Cu:0ppm
Sr:0.96
K:390ppm

IMG_4795.jpg

You have crocea clams in your sump!!!!???? Why are those beauties not in the display!?!?!
Never seen that before! Pretty cool.

I have a hydra 26 hd on a 20 gallon nano. I can take a pic of my graph as well if you’d like. I’m getting decent growth on the sps in that tank. I have 2 monti caps, a pocillopora, couple purple stylo frags, a rainbow and sunset montipora. All growing and encrusting well. No acros in that tank though.

You have crocea clams in your sump!!!!???? Why are those beauties not in the display!?!?!
Never seen that before! Pretty cool.

I have a hydra 26 hd on a 20 gallon nano. I can take a pic of my graph as well if you’d like. I’m getting decent growth on the sps in that tank. I have 2 monti caps, a pocillopora, couple purple stylo frags, a rainbow and sunset montipora. All growing and encrusting well. No acros in that tank though.

i've got a few numbers in my display tank. last time, most of them i put on the sand and what i've noticed, they will blow the sand until nearby corals get stress. thats why i keep my crocea on the frag rack in my sump.. easy to handle with.

hope you can share your light setting bro.. since i'm new with led fixture but fall in love with the shimmering effect. previous setup just using T5 ati light bulb

WOW NICE ! (y)

I thought I was carried away with my new 60g frag tank sump...:nono:

Do you have socks or prefilter before skimmer?

i have no socks at all.. at the beginning i use it to filter any suspended material like food waste and etc but within 2 days it can easily clogged and at the same time it will change my water level in sump and display tanks. when the water level in my sump reduce, my gravitation top off (ro/di + kalk) system will level the water again and can effect my salinity and ph

i have no socks at all.. at the beginning i use it to filter any suspended material like food waste and etc but within 2 days it can easily clogged and at the same time it will change my water level in sump and display tanks. when the water level in my sump reduce, my gravitation top off (ro/di + kalk) system will level the water again and can effect my salinity and ph

for pre filter, i'm using biological method by using live rocks and seagrass for bacteria and other creatures done their job before go to the next chamber(skimmer and live rocks again[emoji4])

nice tank bro.. looks like your monti will be getting bigger and bigger very soon

by the way your white intensity a bit higher than mine (just 35% max) and my uv and violet can achieve 90% max.. i'll slowly increase white colour also slowly reduce my uv and violet

higher uv and violet can retard the gowth of my sps?

I’ve been fiddling for a long time. I’m at this point because it’s been working.
As for the monti, those are actually chalices. There are 4 in the tank. 3 are taking off and one is existing.
There were two monti, an orange and a marshal island latana in the system. They were quite large. They didn’t do well in the transfer across town into the new house and tank. They are coming back, just slowly.
All of the other sps didn’t survive the tank transfer, assuming due to being driven across town. None of the lps cared one bit. Once I find some sps near me, it will be entering the tank. Just don’t want to throw any old junk into the system. That’s how I got stuck with these green polyps....

As for my lighting intensity, there is a method to the madness.
Leds penetrate water much better than bulbs do. I’ve used the chalice to tell me what is going on since there isn’t a par meter at my disposal.
I had a small frag of Hollywood stunner show up that I put in the sandbed. I then found a piece a couple inches across for a better price than the first. The larger went up higher, and is what you saw as a monti. The purple color isn’t as vivid as the one in the sandbed. A difference of about an inch.

View attachment 307932View attachment 307933
Hopefully you can see the color difference through me stirring things up and only using my iPhone.

very nice specimen.. as i know, when we keep everything very consistent (light intensity & water parameter), the growth and the vivid colouration can be seen within 2-3months due to less stress of the corals

As for my lighting intensity, there is a method to the madness.
Leds penetrate water much better than bulbs do. I’ve used the chalice to tell me what is going on since there isn’t a par meter at my disposal.
I had a small frag of Hollywood stunner show up that I put in the sandbed. I then found a piece a couple inches across for a better price than the first. The larger went up higher, and is what you saw as a monti. The purple color isn’t as vivid as the one in the sandbed. A difference of about an inch.

i just reduce my uv and violet about 15%.. i plan to reduce every 15% a week until reach desire percentage about 30-40%

yesterday, i also read from other forums about David Saxby's hydra 52 light settings.. did you use his light setting as your reference?

Back
Top Bottom