Hydrometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cal91666

Aquarium Advice Freak
I started testing my water a few weeks ago using Aquarium Systems SeaTest hydrometer. I dropped an broke one of the pivot pins on the pointer the other day and had to replace it. Only hydrometer my LFS had in stock was Coralife's Deep Six. Specific gravity readings with the SeaTest hydrometer were 1.021-1.022. Now with the Deep Six hydrometer readings are 1.018-1.019 after doing as suggested my the manufacturer and letting the pointer stand in water for 24 hours to cure. I plan on purchasing a refractometer as my inhabitants require more precise measurements but until then I'd like to know what some of the other members here use and why they prefer the product.

I use a Deep Six, hydrometer. I plan to get a refractometer sometime in the future. The reason I use the DeepSix is cause according to my floating hydrometer, it is pretty darn accurate. The floaters tend to be more accurate than the needle arms...they're just a pain to use. I use the floater to test the accuracy of my needle arm.

Back
Top Bottom