Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-20-2004, 11:31 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to bungle
i agree totally with all of you! i am new to the hobby, so i haven't done a whole lot of searching for quality forums, now i don't need to. everyone has been extremely helpful/friendly. a big "thanks!" to everybody involved

Old 04-20-2004, 11:47 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I Must be one of the lucky ones. (well almost) I found this site on my first try after killing a tank full of fish. Everyone here is most helpful and I don't have enough Kudos to go around for everyone that deserves them. I have looked at 1 other site since joining here and it's like night and day. Here people try and explain what your doing wrong and how to fix it. Over there they just tell you "do it this way" with no explaination as to why.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:06 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Shandoni Send a message via MSN to Shandoni Send a message via Yahoo to Shandoni
Oh my.... Ill second.. third... ok ok 50th.... Ive been on alot of sites.. but never joined as a member... only read what was there and felt intimidated by those who posted... UGH!!!! Ive been in Salt water for over 10 years... well ok with a long break in there too.. but wow to leaqrn all over again.... has been AWESOME! to say the least.... I just came across this site this am... and I cant leave! youve all been wide open fins... and Im really enjoying and learning as well..... Keep up the AWESOME work! and to you all who run this site...... dont EVER STOP!! ok I really should get dinner and feed my fish ya think?
Old 04-20-2004, 05:24 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

MEGA DITTO!!!!! You guys are great.
Except for one thing no one here likes LFS much. They are great, they sell you all sots of thing you don't need. What's not great about that. HEHEHE
Oscar Wilde
MYTY1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:57 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
Well, as usual I have to stick out like a sore thumb.

I belong to one other forum, cichlid-forum.com. There's a bunch of people there that are very knowledgable about cichlids. However, this is the forum I check at least 2 times a day, and most of my posts (including cichlid posts) I post here. I only post on the other site if there's a specific cichlid question that I asked here and need further information. That site tends to be a lot stricter in disscusion (they have no "Lounge" ) and some discussions can get downright rude, but I haven't had any problems there.

Now I know some are going to disagree with my next statement, but I feel strongly about this. IMHO, this should not be one's sole point of reference about fish. I have a couple books, a subscription to Aquarium Fish (thanks to my sister-in-law ), and the other web-sites I look at. Don't get me wrong, I love this site and it's the only website, forum, or otherwise that I believed in enough to send money to--but don't discount knowledge derived from other sources either .

Good Lord I am having trouble getting off the soapbox tonight!

*edit: didn't realize this was a s.w. thread
Old 04-20-2004, 10:09 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree that this site is a good general knowledge base, but sometimes you need to get down to a more technical forum at times.
RogerMcAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:23 AM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

I don't disagree with you at all. You should always consider multiple sources when making decisions or investigating... stuff

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com