I am addicted to partial water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefishguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I did my first water change a little over a week ago and already there is increased coraline growth and my leather coral and moon coral are opening up more. One more thing, is it normal for a flame angel and coral beauty to play together. At first the coral picked on the flame but now they swim together

With adequate territory, I have seen all kinds of fish behave around each other without problems that would be expected normally. Just be aware that if they are "playing" today they may decide to be at war tomorrow.

Can't think of a better addiction to have :)

What made you place both a flame and CB in the same tank? As Hoops stated I would expect aggression between them, but maybe there's enough room for them to each have their own space. If I wasn't already fully stocked I might have tried the same thing.

Keep an eye on them and be prepared to move one out should they decide to change friendly behavior.

if you're bored, you could come over to my house and do water changes for free if you'd like. I don't have a problem with that :lol:

I first had the coral beuty, then it was between the blue naso tang and the flame angel. I read that the blue tang is susseptible to to disease so I went with the flame, I was worried about fighting but the store owner said it would be ok. I guess I was lucky

My water changes are easy. The hardest part of doing a 200 gal WC is rolling the hose back up. (y)

i absolutely hate pwc, but like everything else it needs to be done hehe

I do ~10% every week and I have really noticed a difference.

Beware of LFS advice.. the Flame/CB combo is ok to him because it means a sale. Sorry to say that a lot of advice you get there will be bad.

PWC's

PWC's do make me yearn for a hanging set of lamps however.

I've just got a 55G regular and lifting the 48" lamps off is a pain. I can't imagine having to deal with a canopy.

Yep, I want a in wall tank and pendulum lamps hanging over so I can just walk into my fish room and go to work w/o having to mess with removing lamps carefully and pulling a card table or a chair up to give me a work bench.

I don't mind doing PWC's for the most part. I just need to get a mag pump to pump the new saltwater back up into the tank. I've been using a pitcher for the last year, and that sure gets old.

Back
Top Bottom