I am over Tanked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone see the cow fish tank? About 20 cowfish with tons of tangs and other large fish, including a lionfish I believe. A recipe for disaster.

Yes I saw that one. Between them and Fish Tank Kings, we have been given these ridiculous fish killers;

Baseball stadium backstop tank (ridiculous)
Outside bubble gum tank (in Vegas heat?)
Skateboard ramp tank (that one really made me mad)
Shark tank in a inaccessible basement
Outside winery tank
Donut tank
Tattoo parlor spade tank
and several more that were ridiculous.

They have also built a few tanks I would love to own, without the rubber coral and I wouldn't let them touch lighting, filtration or stocking.

Last edited:
They did one reef I saw. They mentioned the sump in the basement would be the refugium (125 gal I believe). They really didn't get into the details of the reef much. Wish they learned the value of live rock and didn't put every novelty item they can seal into their tanks along with coral inserts.

They did one reef I saw. They mentioned the sump in the basement would be the refugium (125 gal I believe). They really didn't get into the details of the reef much. Wish they learned the value of live rock and didn't put every novelty item they can seal into their tanks along with coral inserts.

Was it the the 'feng shui' tank? I was going to mention that but couldn't remember if it was a full reef.. It was an aquarium at someone's home if I recall.. I cannot remember what it turned out to be, just mainly that I knew what they stocked it with wouldn't be around to long .. :(

Was it the the 'feng shui' tank? I was going to mention that but couldn't remember if it was a full reef.. It was an aquarium at someone's home if I recall.. I cannot remember what it turned out to be, just mainly that I knew what they stocked it with wouldn't be around to long .. :(

Yeah that's the one. It was a fens shui reef.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I've seen the Dunkin Donuts tank in person a few days after they put in all the fish a month or two ago. It was horrible to see them all dying in there. :(

I knew there would be somebody on this forum that could report back on that doughnut tank. I was afraid of that. I wonder what their customers say after watching thousands of dollars of pretty fish die in front of the staff and customers. Are there ANY success stories?

I need to watch the episode on that. Also, I need to go back there to see the tank again to see if it might be doing any better... I only live about 20 mins away from that Dunkin Donuts.

I live about 5 mins away from the Dunkin location. I will stop by in the next couple of days and post pictures of it.

One thing, while many of you guys hate the show it has brought a lot of people into the hobby, like it or not, and while I am only a FW guy now it brought me into the hobby because I "LIKED" the show before I knew what they were doing was not correct.

I made my mistakes but I found this site and it helped me do things the correct way, now I have 55, 29 and 6 tanks and it was their show that sparked my interest.

I live about 5 mins away from the Dunkin location. I will stop by in the next couple of days and post pictures of it.

One thing, while many of you guys hate the show it has brought a lot of people into the hobby, like it or not, and while I am only a FW guy now it brought me into the hobby because I "LIKED" the show before I knew what they were doing was not correct.

I made my mistakes but I found this site and it helped me do things the correct way, now I have 55, 29 and 6 tanks and it was their show that sparked my interest.

Glad it brought you into the hobby. Just think if they practiced good husbandry how much better it would help beginners and stop the unnecessary livestock casualties.

Its great for the show to spark an interest, but to mislead people into thinking that they can keep cow fish, mandarins, emperor angels and so on as no problem at all (not to mention keeps them together and adding them all at the same time) sends a VERY bad message. People need to be aware of the requirements that these animals have before taking on the care of them.. The show Tanked promotes everything but that

Glad it brought you into the hobby. Just think if they practiced good husbandry how much better it would help beginners and stop the unnecessary livestock casualties.

I couldn't agree more, its sad what happens....seeing 20 fish in a 10 gallon tank that wasn't cycled.

The one question I have always had was who does the maintenance? I would hope the ATM guys would have a network of people that they use.

I know someone that knows one of the owners of the Dunkin in Riviera Beach, Fl I am going to ask him who does his maintenance.

I know of a couple of guys locally that do maintenance on SW tanks in the big homes on the beach in Palm Beach so I will try to find out more info.

That's an interesting idea. There are enough of us to check all the tanks we have seen. I wish we had a way to set some of them right. No reason that doughnut tank, with a real filtration system couldn't house a bunch of damsels.

That's an interesting idea. There are enough of us to check all the tanks we have seen. I wish we had a way to set some of them right. No reason that doughnut tank, with a real filtration system couldn't house a bunch of damsels.

There are a bunch of their tanks and idea that COULD work, if done properly.. It's just really hard to support something that was rushed and no thought was taken into the care for the ankmals being out in it..

The ocean houses some of the most beautiful inhabitants imaginable, and if you are going to take on the responsibility of caring for them, the you need to do it right. That being said, a bubble gum machine in LA is no place for an aquarium

Francis, their biologist, is quite smart. But they constantly abuse him on the show and seem uninterested in his opinions. I would prefer a show with just Francis. Both shows concentrate on selling rubber corals. Uuggh.

I agre, but that guy is kinda arrogant, and an a**

Yeah I was watching tanked with my parents the othernight and told them how stupid those guys were to add all of the fish at the same time but my mom said that they know what they are doing even though they obviously don't.arghhh.:banghead: that show is stupid and all of those poor fish prolly don't last a week in those horribly over stocked tanks...:(

You need to find the thread in the cowfish tank. A guy said that he lives near there and they had to restock, because %75 of the fish died.

Back
Top Bottom