Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did anyone see the cow fish tank? About 20 cowfish with tons of tangs and other large fish, including a lionfish I believe. A recipe for disaster.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Yes I saw that one. Between them and Fish Tank Kings, we have been given these ridiculous fish killers;

Baseball stadium backstop tank (ridiculous)
Outside bubble gum tank (in Vegas heat?)
Skateboard ramp tank (that one really made me mad)
Shark tank in a inaccessible basement
Outside winery tank
Donut tank
Tattoo parlor spade tank
and several more that were ridiculous.

They have also built a few tanks I would love to own, without the rubber coral and I wouldn't let them touch lighting, filtration or stocking.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

They did one reef I saw. They mentioned the sump in the basement would be the refugium (125 gal I believe). They really didn't get into the details of the reef much. Wish they learned the value of live rock and didn't put every novelty item they can seal into their tanks along with coral inserts.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post
They did one reef I saw. They mentioned the sump in the basement would be the refugium (125 gal I believe). They really didn't get into the details of the reef much. Wish they learned the value of live rock and didn't put every novelty item they can seal into their tanks along with coral inserts.
Was it the the 'feng shui' tank? I was going to mention that but couldn't remember if it was a full reef.. It was an aquarium at someone's home if I recall.. I cannot remember what it turned out to be, just mainly that I knew what they stocked it with wouldn't be around to long ..
Old 05-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadair22 View Post

Was it the the 'feng shui' tank? I was going to mention that but couldn't remember if it was a full reef.. It was an aquarium at someone's home if I recall.. I cannot remember what it turned out to be, just mainly that I knew what they stocked it with wouldn't be around to long ..
Yeah that's the one. It was a fens shui reef.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I've seen the Dunkin Donuts tank in person a few days after they put in all the fish a month or two ago. It was horrible to see them all dying in there.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I knew there would be somebody on this forum that could report back on that doughnut tank. I was afraid of that. I wonder what their customers say after watching thousands of dollars of pretty fish die in front of the staff and customers. Are there ANY success stories?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

I need to watch the episode on that. Also, I need to go back there to see the tank again to see if it might be doing any better... I only live about 20 mins away from that Dunkin Donuts.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Regular

I live about 5 mins away from the Dunkin location. I will stop by in the next couple of days and post pictures of it.

One thing, while many of you guys hate the show it has brought a lot of people into the hobby, like it or not, and while I am only a FW guy now it brought me into the hobby because I "LIKED" the show before I knew what they were doing was not correct.

I made my mistakes but I found this site and it helped me do things the correct way, now I have 55, 29 and 6 tanks and it was their show that sparked my interest.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flvol77 View Post
I live about 5 mins away from the Dunkin location. I will stop by in the next couple of days and post pictures of it.

One thing, while many of you guys hate the show it has brought a lot of people into the hobby, like it or not, and while I am only a FW guy now it brought me into the hobby because I "LIKED" the show before I knew what they were doing was not correct.

I made my mistakes but I found this site and it helped me do things the correct way, now I have 55, 29 and 6 tanks and it was their show that sparked my interest.
Glad it brought you into the hobby. Just think if they practiced good husbandry how much better it would help beginners and stop the unnecessary livestock casualties.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com