I am sad...lost my favorite fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
I came home last night to find my six line wrasse on the floor....and he'd been there a while. Gave him the toilet salute but I am sad, he was my favorite fish and definitely had the best personality of any fish I've had. Now I need to replace him as my angel is looking quite lonely without him!

RIP little wrasse :cry:
P1040550.JPG

I've had to jump out. A longfin fairy wrasse, and a royal gramma basslet. I had a canopy when the wrasse jumped, so I'm not sure how he got out. Still sucks to come home to find one of your favorite fish dried up on the floor.

Make yourself feel better by going out and getting a new one!

Sorry for your loss. :( Like Scoot said, go get another one. Maybe that will help. I lost a Firefish a week ago. I dont know what happened. I havent seen him in the tank nor around the stand on the floor.

This morning i smelled something ripe around the tank and i began to worry. So i moved everything around the tank and sure enough, there was the firefish i lost a week ago. He was all dried up. :( It sucks to see it dried up. Horrible way to go.

Thanks everyone, I definitely want to get another 6 line, if I can find one. I wanted to go to the good SW LFS on my way back from MA yesterday but the traffic was horrible, so maybe this weekend.

I have egg crate on my tank but he must have gotten out through the space around the skimmer, probably landed on top of the egg crate and then somehow flipped off the front of the tank, as that's where I found him, fortunately, not in the back.

I think what i will do is place a screen over the back of the tank so that my future fish dont fly off. I have a canopy now so up wont be a problem. Its the back that worries me.

Back
Top Bottom