I apologize

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alarmguy66

Aquarium Advice Freak
To everyone I laughed at when they said they were missing a fish. I had a damsel disappear last night, and I swear he is freaking houdini. Never did find him, even removed all the rocks. Yes, it is a covered tank. Didnt find him in the overflow either.

My brother lost his yellow tang one day. A tiny piece of skelleton appeared as he was searching. It was a late night snack for the tank mates.

I'm not positive but I think my sallylightfoot and hermits could pick a full grown grouper clean in a few seconds, so a dead damsel won't even last a blink. :)

In an established tank a medium and small sized fish could easily 'disapear' overnight should they come to their demise.

well I solved the mystery. Tonight I come home, still no damsel. Yesterday I qt'd the angry damsel just to teach it a lesson. Well, apparently the missing damsel came out of hiding today and got sucked into the overflow (wasnt there yesterday). There she sat, happy as a clam with no one to bother her. I took the bad damsel :twisted: out of QT and back into the main tank, then QTed the Damsel formerly known as missing. She has lost most of her tail (no doubt from the evil damsel) and needs time to recuperate.

My biggest rock has a chamber in the middle and 3 holes about 1" diameter leading out from it. You cant see everything inside it. I held that rock upside down and shook it, but she didnt come out. My only guess is she was in there all along. Either that or she turned into a flounder and was buried in the sand.

Back
Top Bottom