I Bought a SEVERELY abused tank...HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a picture of all the busted lighting I had to take out, and the canopy.

Attachments

• DSCN1230.jpg
    DSCN1230.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN1231.jpg
    DSCN1231.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 109
Thanks man, I just check my salinity, WAY low. lol I went light on the salt, it's always easier to raise then it is to drop. Plus wasted $alt $ucks if you know what I mean...haha

It's actaully easier to drop your SG level than it is to raise. Lowering it just involves adding some fresh water, raising it means removing water and adding water with a higher salt content. When your tank is stocked, NEVER add salt directly to the tank.

Yeah, I understand if the tank had livestock it would be easier to lower than raise. But with no livestock to worry about, and I have 100 gallons worth of salt, I don't want to waste it. Raising it is as simple as pulling out some water in a pitcher and making some really concentrated stuff, let it circulate awhile and recheck. I am almost inline now. Maybe have to had just 3 more cups of salt.

Of course if I had live stock I would never add water that wasn't already dissolved and at the proper salinity anyways. It is kind of nice sometimes when there aren't any animals to worry about. haha

Ah yes, the joy of aquascaping, haha. Planning on it tomorrow once the water is cleared up so I can actually tell what it looks like.

I have about 30 lbs of rock still too that is in my tank, so I have to try and plan ahead on where to put it. My rock is much prettier then the rock in that tank, really purple, with a ton of coraline algae.

Back
Top Bottom