Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-20-2005, 03:59 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I can't believe this...

I just got my new 4X65 PC Retrofit kit by Coralife in today... put it in... and POW!!! 8O 8O 8O Like a spotlight on my tank... my dear Lord... this thing makes my tank look so nice!!!

For all of you waiting to upgrade your NO lights... I'd break the bank and go for it. I'll never go back to NO lights even if I was doing a FO tank.

(I also added in a SCWD unit too... this thing is nice! And finished re-wiring my electrical to include GFCI plugs, and an electric digital timer for my lights. )

Old 05-20-2005, 04:09 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It looks really great. Good Job!

Old 05-20-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
Really like it, great job. I need to do some major clean up on my electrical.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Congrats on the upgrade...time for coral soon?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando
time for coral soon?
I didn't think my tank was "old" enough... started a month ago at 4/22. Could I start with easy stuff that's inexpensive? Maybe zoos/polyps? Thanks for the compliments!!
Old 05-20-2005, 02:12 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Beautiful setup. Check my profile for coral I have in a 75g with the same light. All pretty easy stuff.

Mushrooms. Zoos. Leathers. Phytoplankton will feed the coral. Yeah, those are easy. Is that a DIY stand and hood in the pics? Very, very nice if so.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 02:14 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice job on the electrical Rob. You have inspired me to clean up my mess of wires in the back of the tank.
I was the same way when I went from my NO to PC. I was very impressed. Once I added my MH 250w's to the tank it was like lighting a football field! When the MH goes off at night, it makes my PC look like NO. lol

Mike
Old 05-20-2005, 02:31 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsdad
Is that a DIY stand and hood in the pics?
Yeah... I did it all myself. I posted full pics of it earlier... check my posts for old pics of it. I couldn't find a stand in a LFS that didn't have a center brace, and I wanted to be able to put a large sump in there eventually w/o having to worry about its size. Mine opens completely up via two doors and gives me all the room I need and then some. Plus... they were EXPENSIVE at lfs! So I said "eff that" and did it myself. 3/4" sanded pine plywood with 2X4 supports, molding, and polyurethane. The top I made to hinge open from the front & half the top... shaped kinda like an "L". I'm going to install (4) 80mm fans in the canopy... one side intake pointed at the lights and the water, and on the other end for exhaust. Just need to get a large enough AC Adaptor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salttanker
You have inspired me to clean up my mess of wires in the back of the tank.
Yeah... I can't stand to see a mess... and I HATED those analog timers. I'm a complete jack of all trades and figure if I can do it, I'd rather save some money and have fun with it. There's a 10" fan blowing across my sump right now to help with temps... I also have that timed for when the lights come on... so the GFCI plug on the left protects itself and the two to the right of it, and the other GFCI plug protects the one to the left of it. Just in case water gets on it... it'll shut the circuit off to prevent fires. Now all I need is a fuge... I'm making plans for it right now.

Thanks again!
Old 05-20-2005, 02:34 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wish I was that handy. Jack of all trades, master of none is what I am. The fuge will be a nice addition for bio support. Good job.

Mike
Old 05-21-2005, 12:44 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I didn't think my tank was "old" enough... started a month ago at 4/22. Could I start with easy stuff that's inexpensive? Maybe zoos/polyps
Give it a couple of months yet until you have some pretty stable water prameters and you have a handle on things. Then zoos and mushrooms are a good place to start.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com