Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Lance M.
I can't set up another tank cause I dont have any place to put it. But I got to thinking, I can just a refugium underneath my 20 gallon in the stand. I know I can fit a 5 gallon under there. I took out a tape measurer and a ten gallon will fit under there but I dont know if I can get it in the stand without taking the tank off the stand. The door opening is 20 inches high and a standard ten gallon is 20 inches long so it should fit. I can just turn it on it's side shove it in there and place it flat. Do I have to worry about any added stress to the stand? The stand is made for a 20 gallon tank but I dont know the manufacturer because I got it off my neighbor. I can just go to Walmart and get a ten gallon and see if it fits, if not take it back.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on the measurements of the baffles? I can go to Lowes or Home Depot and have some glass cut. I already have a tube of AGA silicone. It's just going to be a refugium so just needs one large compartment so I can put a light over it and the mantis shrimp w/ some cheato or caulerpa since I have lots of caulerpa. I've got some flourescent fixtures in the attic I'll have to get out and see how long they are. One of those should work. Would 15 watts be enough? 3 wpg that should be enough for caulerpa. I have a pump to get the water back up to the tank, but I need a cheap way of getting it down to the refuge, if diy something easy. Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Lance M.
Update:

Well I went to my lfs today and talked to one of the guys and he said he knew someone that was looking for a mantis shrimp so he gave the guy a call to see if he wanted it but the guy didnt answer. (lol lots of "he" and "guy"). So I'm taking it to the lfs tomorrow so they can hold it for him.

Now I need to catch that crab...

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com