Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
I caught Mantis today with Pic link

I looked at my tank this moring as I do every morning and I saw something poke its heads out from under a rock. So I watched a little closer and I realized it was a mantis shrimp. I have been hearing clicking for a while now but never could find anything. So after watching for a while and being very still I saw him climb into A hole in one of my rocks. So I lifted the rock up very slowly and placed it in a pan. Then i went and fllled a 5 gal. bucket with cold RO/DI and IO that was in my garage. I placed the rock in the bucket and let it sit for like 15 min and I finally started to see his head comeout. Then I took a bamboo scewer that you use for cooking and kind of pride him/ fought him out of the hole. After I got him out he started going crazy so I grabed the rock out of the bucket and placed it back in the tank. He now has a home at the LFS. In the photos he looks dead but I think he was still stunned from the cold water and the fighting.

Here is the link to the Mantis I battled this morning.

I really dont think they are that hard to get out once you find where they are. Lets hope that was the last one.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com