I dipped 1 rock in a 50:50 peroxide / FW
mix for about 2 minutes. Algae turned white and is coming off in the darkened curing bucket.
Killed lots of brittle stars and bristle worms, but I think that was from the FW
I'm also testing pulling 1 rock out of the water and squirting 4 ml of peroxide on the algae. I keep it out of the water for 5 minutes then put it, and any latent peroxide back in the curing bucket with other rocks and 15 gals of SW
. (That is about 2.5 ml peroxide to 10 gal SW
Algae is dying and stars, worms and snails don't seem affected.
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice