I feel like i'm forgetting something.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ace1uno_00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want a small reef set up for my bedroom so, this is what i came up with.
What do you think? any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

40 Gal. Breeder style, glass (36x18x20)

Rena 300 Watt heater.

I got this Pro 150 wet/dry filter:
http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=185
It comes with a overflow/prefilter box and a good skimmer and pump to run it. I'm going to change the Bio-balls for live rock rubble.

A Mag Drive 9.5 for the Return Pump.

40 lbs. of aragalive sand.

I ordered this light.
http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=185

I have a stand and canopy for the tank. But i feel like it's just not complete. What else????

Thanks guys.

Thanks demodiki, Yeah. I have some i'm going to get from a friend that is tearing down a 90 gal reef.

Anything else?

Will this set up be efficient enough to house a healthy reef environment?

Looks okay. Just make sure that your tank does not have a center brace in it. If so, it will really hinder the one MH lamp in the middle.

Lando, The tank has no center brace. thats one reason why i wanted it.

Where would i place the Maxi-jets? I'm guessing it's to circulate the water in the tank right?

Yeah it is too circulate the water. Put them where you see fit so that water will be moving throughout the whole tank.

hydrometer or refractometer?

artifical sea salt?

RO/DI system and storage for the water and pwc mixing container?

macro algae and light for the sump to make a refugium section?

thermometer?

auto topoff system?

what Im thinking on flow.. your going to get somewere around 750 gph (check a head loss chart for Mag drives, I think RC's calculator is missing the Mag 9.5 but you could double check) thoughput though your sump with the Mag 9.5.. thats almost 19 cycles per hour.. I dont know if you need more flow.. maybe a inline wavemaking devise (Im forgetting what there called right now, help.. lol) would help..

safert water test kits?

details details details..
thats what I have for right now.. maybe I'll think of something else later.. :p

LOL
I have Salt,test kits,supplements,Hydrometer, QT tank and, thermometer.

I don't think i want a fuge section really, i don't know how to make a fuge out that sump. and I still dont understand how a RO/DI unit works. I know it filters water and you can reuse it? i think?

Auto top off system? lol

yea.. but you have to measure the head amount of head loss in your application..
in other words how far is it from the top of were the water level will be in the sump to the water level in the tank? check the table and see if you have enough flow for your tank.. :p

I would suggest seperate posts for the fuge and RO/DI questions.. well you could check the getting started area there is a relitively new post there about them (Im not sure if it would answer the questions you want answered though.. thus the new post suggestion.. )

Back
Top Bottom