I figured it was going to die :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I try to take out all the rocks when I move a tank to reduce the weight as much as possible. I got down to one of the bottom rocks so I could take out my feather duster that was against it. I figured I'd just lift it out and be done with, well that thing was totally stuck to the rock. Anyone else have this issue before? I didn't know what to do, I knew if I yanked it off the rock I'd kill it for sure. Side note over a month ago it lost its crown, no clue why, CoCo worm in the tank too and that was fine. Took a couple weeks and it brought out a tiny little crown, but at least it was alive. So long story short after the thing was exposed to air for a few minutes while I figured out what to do I got it into a bucket of water. I have the rock moved around a bit so it the featherduster has more room, and I think it really likes it.

img_1294461_0_f3a52f4ee9ca29ec5d0ba415fad8154d.jpg

It is almost twice as big as it was before it lost its crown. Sorry my regular camera got fuzzy for some reason, and my phone camera as you can see doesn't have a zoom.

They do something to attach to the rocks and or sand. And it's also normal for them to release and grown a new crown. But exposing it to air can kill it so be careful.

Back
Top Bottom