I found another tank in trouble...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that is great that you inquiries about the tank and are now able to make things right. Hopefully, the school will have some sort of a budget to make some corrections to that equipment.

Check out this thread on RC, talks about Cupramine and removing copper from glass tanks (I posted about method for acrylic). Sounds like vinegar wipe-down will do the trick, so buffing should really take care of it, unless it soaks in more on acrylic, then it might be a problem. Also the silicone seals subject is discussed.

Cupramine - Reef Central Online Community

Before anything happens, it has to go to the Parent/Teachers Organization board meeting. I haven't heard back from the board member yet. She stays pretty busy. Just heard that they aren't thrilled with the current maintenance company.

i don't know what the RC thread said, but i have used a tank (glass 40 breeder) that was whacked with copper meds a few times, as a sump a while later. eventually i put inverts in the system and they did very well. it doesn't stay forever.

that's very sad about this tank. i'm glad you are helping out the livestock.

Back
Top Bottom