I found my six line wrasse on the floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfighter

Aquarium Advice Activist
Never thought he would actually do it but I found my six line wrasse on the floor. Should have put a lid long ago. Very sad.

Thats why i will always keep a lid on my tanks.... May not look great but it has to be done. Sorry for your loss

My fuzzy dwarf took a leap of faith. Didn't work out so well. My 21 month old daughter almost stepped on it. Went and bought a glass lid the next day.

Live and learn. Thing is that he was the life of the tank and now I've got a volitan and dwarf lion fish in the tank and I don't think I can put anything like him back in without becoming lunch.

I am new to this hobby and i have a quick question concerning this issue.. I BELIEVE i read something about saltwater tanks and its good to NOT have a lid on the tank because the air and water have some sort of mix that helps the tank? Again i could be totally wrong just wondering if this is true or not

I had two. And after he lost his mate, he got depressed and stopped eating. So I brought him to my lfs. Shoulda kept him. The guys nephew suffocated the fish after he tried to dump it in the bucket, then he got dropped into the bucket and hit the bottom. Grr wanted to slap the little brat.

Johnsonw2

I don't know if that's true our not, but if it is. Wouldn't reptile lid fix that whole problem? I mean it would just be a screen metal over the tank. Only think that would suck is having to lift it for food. Cutting a strip out of it would fix that issue as well.

Gotta do something. Hate losing fish for any reason. Would really like another one but don't want him eaten.

Would my lions know the difference if I replaced him? They never bothered the other one but he was there before them.

Wouldn't reptile lid fix that whole problem? I mean it would just be a screen metal over the tank. Only think that would suck is having to lift it for food. Cutting a strip out of it would fix that issue as well.

You want to stay away from any metal lids, particularly around a reef tank. One of the easiest things to do is go to the lighting section in your home improvement store & pick up some the plastic "eggcrate" used for fluorescent lighting and cut to fit.

Top of my QT tank:

Attachments

• photo28.JPG
    photo28.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom