I got an bubble anemone for my year old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would wait and save up and buy a good light. If you spend $200 on a light or $300 in a few months or a year when you decide you want to get into SPS you will have to buy a new fixture. Figure out what you want to keep and buy a light once

I have lots of coral & don't get concerned until after several days! It's been touched, bagged & moved then glued to a rock in a new home! It takes most coral a day or so to return to "normal". Give it a day or so!

Look at these for a STARTING POINT. Two (2) of these (one per side of your 55), should work out pretty good. However, someone running LEDs could better help you.

It's not glued to a rock :-/ I placed it there til it stopped floating :-/ would the other light fixture I have work better to help it or jut leave wht I have on it?

I have lots of coral & don't get concerned until after several days! It's been touched, bagged & moved then glued to a rock in a new home! It takes most coral a day or so to return to "normal". Give it a day or so!

It's not a coral it's a bubble tip anemone.

Yeah I know but point is don't u think that it'll need time to open back up after it acclimated a bit??
N e ways this guy has lots of info about BTA's & mayb too much!! Might help w/lots of ?'s though!

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/6/inverts

It could open with time. But I think people were trying to let him also know he was lacking sufficient lighting to even keep it, and that eventually it may die. That's why I pointed him to new lighting that's within his lighting budget.

Providing a link migh be better. This unit looks alright. I bought one off eBay I still use on my 55. However, a friend often bought the same light and had a ballast issue that almost caused a fire. Although these lights are attractive (in price), I would recommend if you are topping out at 300. For lighting, that you do your best to find such light. I know it's a huge investment, but to be honest, aside from regular water changes, this is the most important part of your tank, because it dictates what you can and cannot care for.

This is the light I'm currently running

http://www.aquacon.com/CoralifeAqualightPro250.html

Now I didn't pay this dollar amount because I bought mine used from a very good friend. However, this light will allow me to have just about anything.

You may also want to go the way of LEDs as they may be a bit pricey up front you save in the long run do to low electric bill, life of lighting surpasses this of T 5HO and Metal Halides.

So does it go by the wattage? The more the better? That's what I'm seeing is different in a lot of these

So does it go by the wattage? The more the better? That's what I'm seeing is different in a lot of these

Yes with a difference also of
10,000K white Vs. 12,000K Vs. 14,000 K white lighting.

Blue Actinics 450nm Vs. Blue Actincs 460nm

If that helps you any

Are you using RODI water? Nems need huge amount of lighting to not only survive but to grow and flourish. In my 125, my nems sit 4 inches under 2x250 MH that get new bulbs every 6-8 months and the nems are out growing the tank. I usually get 14,000k spectrums. You have to remember without proper lighting, your nem will slowly starve to death.

Back
Top Bottom