I got an bubble anemone for my year old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So after doing research I got an bubble anemone for my year old tank... It looked great in stores an in the bag ... When I first put him in the tank he looked like this

image-1988796586.jpg

I left to go to the store was gone maybe an hour n come home n it's like this

image-2006071238.jpg

I tried feeding it but nothing happened :-( what should I do ?!?

You need to give it some time. What are your current parameters and how about flow and placement? Lighting?

it is likley just adjusting, but we need to know more about tank, what are test results, what lights do you have, etc...

image-240119566.jpg

It is on the left side of tank laying on flat rock I placed it on... I have a aqueon circulation pump 950... Lighting on this tank had 2 light bulbs and they are these

image-1378377031.jpg

Ph 7.8-8.0
Amm 0
No2- 0
No3- 0 on liquid test .. 20-40 on stick test
Gh 180
Kh 120

you need a lot more light than that to keep an anemone. You also need to get some test kits the stick test are the most inaccurate tests. Invest in some Red Sea Pro or Slifert. I would suggest buying some new light anemone I don't think will survive under that light.

Wow! That's out of my price range.. The one I posted wont work? BC that's what I jut bought for my 48 g one

you get what you pay for in lighting, that light you bought will not be enough plus its a 36" and you have a 48" tank. The difference is in the ballasts. I have also seen a lot of reviews about cheap fixtures catching fire. Do some research on lighting and what you want to keep in your tank. The most important things are light and skimmer. that light will work for fish only

The light I posted I just bought for my 48 gallon bow front it is 36".... Is there any other one that is less expensive? Or anyone else know something that will work?

Back
Top Bottom