I got it, its wrong.. any suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juice28

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently purchased, well I made a list and gave it to my fiance to purchase and the guy at the LFS totally screwed her over.. it specifically said over 40-55 gal for reef set up..I want lots of corals and inverts and some brightly colored fish to go with it, he sold her a 47 gal high which isn't a bad tank.. its just way taller than id like... so i'm basically trying to salvage it being that it was a clearance item and there is no return on it im stick with it.I'm working on getting better lighting, the one it came with just isnt strong enough its a 15 Wat bulb..about 5500k...What im wondering is 1, what do i have to do to have a nice reef set up besides the lighting right now im having trouble getting LR and BR without filling up almost the tank with just rocks..and im lost on fish i can get..it isnt very wide so fish will have to stay fairly small.. so far the only fish i have in decided on id a fu manchu lion fish or a dwarf lion due to their size..but research fish i never seem to be able to find the full grown length.. most have the purchase size of 2-4 inches etc...any help would great be appreciated

Attachments

• tank 3-23-09.jpg
    tank 3-23-09.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 58
  • tank2-3-23-09.jpg
    tank2-3-23-09.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 54
You`ll need much more light than that. Being a tall tank you might want to think about T5`s or MH`s that have more intensity.

Back
Top Bottom