I got my cleaner shrimp a new buddy and some tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I went to the lfs to get my bio-wheel replacement parts I got ceramic rings and this special bag that helps pH and it filters out stuff, But we went into the fish section and I found a cleaner buddy for my cleaner, so I got him hes quite abit bigger than mine but they both are getting alon very well. I also got a tube anemone, a chocolate chip star (His name is Chip) and we got a pink pseudochromis (I think they are called orchid dotty back also) we had saw this amazing hermit crab 8O It had 3 little anemones on its shell, the person said that a few days ago, t left its shell to get another one and its older shell had the three anemones on it and they said when he went to move to his new home (shell) he took off the three anemones and put them onto his new shell! This crab was just so amazing we wanted him so we got him, he has 2 very visible anemones on its shell, but the other anemone is small and on the bottom of the shell, I just thought this giant hermit was amazing!!! 8O 8O I have a question though, when I added the pink pseudochromis my sixline chases it, why is that??? I also want to trap my yellow chromis, got any ideas???
My fav purchase of day was the crab, the chocolate chip star, the tube anemone and the cleaner shrimp :) Btw, the bio-wheel is doing wonders for the tank, its helping the algae problem. (y)

Parurus prideauxi - Anemone Herit crab :wink:
Tend to get large and agressive, not a comunity crab.

I don't want to be rude, but do you suffer from any mental disabilities? Honestly what do you not understand about slowing down. The funniest part is the starfish, they are very much so carnivorus. They will and can hunt down and eat your cleaner shrimp. The hermit, can also eat your anemones or trample them, as well as move the LR. This can obviously lead to serious problems.

The funniest part is the starfish, they are very much so carnivorus. They will and can hunt down and eat your cleaner shrimp.

Wrong! They have about 12 stars in their tank along with about 5 cleaners and they do not do a whing to them

I know your always right, oh and the LFS had 12 with 5 cleaners!!! Oh that makes it ok, I mean the LFS is always right, and they always know how to care for their livestock!!!!! Good luck, my moms CC star ate 1 of her GB shrimp, the remaining one is in my tank.

Buying more anemones for your tank......thougth you finally understood that you need to slow down and your tank is too young for this kind of addition. Large hermit crabs are very dangerous, before I came to the realization that all crabs were evil I had a large hermit kill a pearlscale butterfly as well as some other smaller crabs. BTW, the chocolate chip star fish will eat anything it comes across including corals.

Well we don't have to worry about telling teen about the starfish. Since the LFS said it was A-Ok. Also teen its good to see you researched your new starfish before you bought it :roll:

Sorry, I can't let this go. I will say on thing teen, your posts certainly generate a lot of passionate replies. I do not know what else to say to you. It is now obvious to me that your are not a responsible hobbiest and you are becoming an embarrassment to this hobby. You have asked some good questions, you have gotten some great advice. You are simply choosing to ignore those who are trying to help you succeed. Yes, the crab will get some of your fish eventually. Take back the Chocolate Chip Star ASAP. They are very active stars and move all over the tank, in the process they knock over live rock and corals. My friend put one in his tank and it parked itself on an Xenia and went to town. He lost a $50 coral to a $10 Starfish. I bet your LFS is always glad to see you coming, but if I were a fish there I would swim away fast and hide. There really is a sucker born every minute. You just don't get it. By the way, why have never posted your water params. after the last time I asked? I am sure they are perfect, right?

Here is just a small Blurb on Marinedepotlive about the CC star

"Sold under names like Red-Knobbed, Chocolate Chip, and other labels, these species are hardy but aggressive feeders, more than happy to mount and consume sessile clams, oysters and all manner of corals, soft and stony. Keep water quality high (SG 1.023 - 1.025, pH 8.1 - 8.4, Temp. 72 - 78° F). "

My guess is that the LFS is Petco.. Or another LFS that just pays min wage and doesnt care if people come back and scream... I made the Newbie mistake along time ago and bought one got it home and then gave it away about 5mins later after I found out the LFS lied... What most people use CC stars for is Halaquin Shrimp Food.. Anything this Starfish can get of top of it will eat it.. Fish, Inverts, corals... We are here to help still but you MUST make wise decisions.. I have broken a few rules here and there but everyone has their own way of doing things... What you are doing is about the same as injecting Bleach right into your veins.. You will have problems No IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS about it.. Why come here and Ask for Advice and then Ignore it... I suggest that if you are going that route you sell your SW fish and get something a bit easier such as FW fish...

Are you really a Teen or a 5yr old??? You need to go to a different LFS for starters.. Its quite obvious that they have no care what they sell to people... And either start taking the advise or Stop asking for it... I find it very irritating that I reply to one of your posts and that It takes up my time and you dont even consider the advise given... Its not fair to the others either that reply and you come back and Mock their posts by saying that they are incorrect because the LFS said... Most people on here are very smart and don't Lie to people just to get them NOt to buy fish/inverts.. We are mearly trying to save the life of the fish and help you avoid problems and wasted money...

Again at least take the advice into consideration or stop asking for it if you are going to ignore it... I mean come on Grow Up.. We are all here trying to help when you ask for it but you refuse to listen.. Since your in Washington why don't you spend some time over in your areas Regional Forum PSAS And learn from their from their meetings and such...

James

and we got a pink pseudochromis (I think they are called orchid dotty back also)

And BTW these are invert hunters as well.. Say Bye Bye to your cleaners and other inverts in no time.. Dottybacks are very well known for their hunting and killing of shrimp...

James

Hey guys, not in the defense of Teen or anything, but I seriously think this link is getting out of hand. We're all better than this. If he doesn't listen that's his perogitive (poor fish). But bare in mind others read this link new and old alike, which most likely will be taking your advice..Lets just hope they all don't think that advice here has to come with criticism.

gotz i think theyre just frustrated
I have got alot of great advice and never been criticized once!
There mad because swteen just had a thread up about all his new stuff and everyone gave him a talk and he said ok like he got it he even said he was ashamed and then he comes back and does this

im the same age as swteen and i think hes acting a little irresponsaibly

Mr. Marine

Very well said James, that is what got me when teen commented about the LFS. Im done with helping someone who only pretends to consider it.

And BTW these are invert hunters as well.. Say Bye Bye to your cleaners and other inverts in no time.. Dottybacks are very well known for their hunting and killing of shrimp...

Oh, really? Why didnt the internet say anything about it?? The nternet said it was reef safe, and it didnt say it would tear up my inverts. Im not making a reef til I get some money to pay for a clacium reactor and a $1000 Metal Halide Hood!

I just had to remove my p. dotty back b/c he ate a cleaner and someone else had problems w/ their pseudochromis eating peppermint shrimp. (do you read other threads???) Also, what internet are you using? $1000 ca reactor wont help YOU nor will ANY light. Money does NOT equal success. Don't throw around numbers, Mr. Trump jr...... wow you really agitate me teen! GET REAL....FAST

Yeah.. I had a Sunrise Dottyback take out all my Pepps. They tend to do it when they get bigger..So while it seems safe now..That can all change quick and I mean real quick..But ya never know..some people luck out I guess..Just a chance I will never be willing to take again..

PS- if the tank is not a reef did you notice the title of this forum? I'm done now. We want to help teen b/c we love the hobby we are not here to belittle anyone, but you have to try and not just realy on dad to buy more if something(s) dies. The more you learn, the less you know in this hobby.

Why do you need a calcium reactor? And why do you need a 1000 metal halide hood? not to be mean but, You have no business having a saltwater tank. Why don't you just quit asking for advice becausing you DON' TAKE IT. and yes i am yelling. Get a freaking clue. GOD i just want to come to your house and RESCUE everything in your tank b/c the S#$T is gonna hit the fan real soon. Mark my words.

Back
Top Bottom