Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-27-2004, 07:22 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
I don't think is the PC bulb. Because both bulb is working except that only half is working. That means one tube of the Daylight bulb is lighted up, and one tube of the Actinic is lighted up. Each bulb has 2 tube.
That definitely sounds like a bulb issue to my. If it were the ballast, it wouldn't light at all.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:36 PM   #12

Who knows what it was bottom line is that that it went bad in two days and this is the first one i sold! The thing that made me angry that as a retailer there was absolutely zero support from the factory for me. In fact they do not have a phone number and there E-mail address is not set up! My supplier did not even know how they will handle warranty issues! I am staying very far from these hoods for now and would advise anyone to do the same. I had to send Boxster i new hood at a loss; this hits me hard as a small business and i cannot take the chance on these hoods again. What kind of business starts with no way to contact them? Sorry for the rant!

Old 02-28-2004, 12:09 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
WOW captive reef i have to say you have some of the best customer service i have seen. i have talk to you and you were vary helpful. i will be doing a lot more business with you in the near futrue.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:23 AM   #14

Thanks! I try; may not always succed but i try!
Old 02-28-2004, 01:29 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Boxster this may sound stupid but isn't the moon white (atleast as we see it). You said the moon lights were white instead of blue. That sounds right to me. Unless the light turns a blue color as it passes through the water in the ocean. I've seen both and thought the white was more accurate but I'm not an expert. Sorry to hear about the bulbs not working.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:08 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oafboy, yes the Moonlight is white. No iisue there except that I prefer it to be blue. I had my own DIY blue moonlight and it is more pleasing looking to me at night than the bright white LEDs. Too bright in my opinion for the tank of my size - 46g.

Ok, why I said it is probably not the bulb is that there are 4 wires on each 4-square pin bulb. Blue&black wires and Red&black wires. I believe the black is ground. The same goes to the Actinic bulb. What I did was to unconnect the 4pins connector, flip the bulb so that I hooked my 4 pins connector the other way. The pin that is used to connect the Red wire is connected to the blue wire now. The tube that is on the right is now on the left. So when I turned on the power, the tube that is on the right is always lighted up. No matter how I flip it, the left tube is always lighted up. That seem to correspond to the Blue/Black wires. So it make sense to me that one tube of both bulb is not working because the red wire is connected to one of the 2 pins at both bulbs.

Anyway, not sure their configuration is, just thinking that they may have 2 ballast. But not sure, that why I am so eager to talk to them to try to figure out what is wwrong. The bulb or anything else, but how????? Every electrical wire is hide behing the reflector so unless I dismantle the hood, I can't see the wiring.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:15 AM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

Sounds like CurrentUSA has some work to do to get their act together!!!

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
current, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com