Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-11-2005, 07:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
I got my first fish today!

We added a percula clownfish & a hermit crab to the tank. They are doing well. I will get pictures when my digi cam batteries charge. :P Yipeee!

We also bought some frozen food called marine mix...and the clown started eating it right away. The cubes are big though....is it a problem if I feed the left overs to my freshwater fish? The cubes are made by formula one and the ingredients list krill, shrimp, spinach, and clams. I already feed the freshwater fish krill, occasionally I give them shrimp, but are what about the clams? It's pretty impossible to defrost just enough for the clown as he eats only a teeny tiny amount at a feeding. Can you store the defrosted stuff in the fridge for a day or so or should I just throw it out?

talloulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
Congrats, careful on overfeeding the new arrival. One cube can usually tide over a small community of 5-7 fish. I don't see why feeding the freshies the left over would be a problem. But that is just a guess. Again, congrats on your first salty.

first fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search