Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-23-2004, 04:02 PM   #41
Billy, I was actually planning to do this. It amazes me how well the 3 originals get along. They stay together and basically patrol and keep the new ones to a corner now. Tommorow if nothings improved I am going to put the 3 old ones in my refugium (55 gal) then redo the rock work. I had planned to remove the 3, but the rocks is also a good idea. Thanks for the advice, I hope I can catch them with out to many issues 8O

Thanks mrmarine
Old 06-23-2004, 04:11 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict
If this works it will be cool. Please keep a watch not only on the newcomers but also on all the occupants and also your levels, I'm sure you don't want a bio load problem.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 06-23-2004, 04:13 PM   #43
Im off work tommorow, im going to do my best to remove the 3 aggresors. Also if I have the time get some more macro for the fuge to help with nutrients.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:13 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak
Although i would never recommend anyone ever doing this, i understand why you wanted to. after seeing about 5 120 gal tanks filled with about 20-30 yellow tangs at a wholesaler i was able to visit, i thought it was so cool to see them school in large numbers. it sounds like you are doing everything to take proper care of them and make them happy so im pulling for you. just kep a close eye on them and be prepared for the worst. Good Luck
Old 06-23-2004, 04:23 PM   #45

Quick update pics

Thanks BB yea, they are really neat in a group, mine don't really school yet.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:31 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict
I guess we can consider this experiment a success. We have a 6ft tank, 55 gallons of water, 23 fish....mostly tangs. So thats what? 3inches of water per fish and about 2.3 gallons of water per fish. That should work considering they are not aggressive and they are not "sprinters."

What I fear more than anything is that some rookie is going to look at this thread and think "well he did it...it must be okay."

Six....I think your a nice guy, and I dont want to see you banned...but I lost a lot of respect for your advise due to this one thread.

I'll get down off my soap box now. Best of luck to you and your tangs.

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
Old 06-23-2004, 04:47 PM   #47
AA Team Emeritus
Originally Posted by SquishyFish
I guess we can consider this experiment a success.
No one has made this conclusion yet, not even six-line.

I understand and agree with your concern one what a new-comers thoughts may be. There have been plenty of posts expressing concern and caution. Anyone reading this thread will see just how many folks are opposed to what to six-line is doing.

Six-line has also already stated multiple times, that if the agression gets out of control or he can't maintain the levels he'll return the fish to the LFS. For him and his fish I wish him the best of luck.

Six-line, keep us updated on water quality and what steps your taking to keep the levels in check!
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Old 06-23-2004, 04:56 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict
SquishyFish, it's actually 125 gal in the main. The 55 gal was for the fuge.
My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
- Rodney Dangerfield.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Old 06-23-2004, 05:11 PM   #49
Will keep you posted!
Old 06-23-2004, 05:32 PM   #50
AA Team Emeritus
Originally Posted by reefrunner69
Originally Posted by Six-Line
this should be entertaining.
This isn't an attack? Anyways I got some people who liked the idea, the majority are waiting for the tang police. haha
\No it wasn't an attack, it was more like a train wreck, you don't really want to look you just can't help yourself. Also, I hardly consider expecting the worst in RC as an attack on you
I was right, it was entertaining, and enlightening, as well

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com