Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
Wow for someone who gives everyone a hard time i can't believe you would do this tye of thing. I feel sorry for the fish. I really do.

Sorry if i was out of line reefrunner.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:02 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

I just read through this thread, the thread at RC, and the other thread mentioned in which you stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWonly aka Six-Line
IMO any tang requires a 6' tank. IMO anyone keeping a tang in a 55 is irresponsible. A tang will never reach its full potential and will stress. I keep three 4" tangs in my 125, and never once have I seen them pace. They very calmly swim around the rocks and are constantly grazing.
Also stated by Six-Line:
Quote:
BTW it's 10 yellow tangs, it seems someone adds a new one every 3 posts, also I could care less if they school.
Quote:
Because I wanted a school of them.
I may not keep SW fish, but you are a walking contradiction.
We have all made our share of mistakes, but with research and effort, we avoid making the same mistakes again and we avoid making mistakes that other people have made.

FYI--the other thread was locked.

Old 06-23-2004, 10:09 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyFish
What I fear more than anything is that some rookie is going to look at this thread and think "well he did it...it must be okay."
Don't worry Squishy, even us sw newbs know this is a bad idea.

Sixline, do you know for sure the lfs will buy/take these fish or are you assuming? I hope that you at least make a plan in advance so that when things go bad, you won't have scramble to find home for these fish.

Don't forget to check AA Sponsors first.

www.macna2006.com
Old 06-23-2004, 10:19 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Freak

The problem with this experiment is these tangs are juviniles. Tangs usually become more territorial as adults and I cannot see this little experiment lasting that long. The tank is to over crowded to last that long.
Keeping these fish together for a Month or even a year would not be considered successful.
Your 125G tank with a 55G Ref. is not considered a large tank and certainly not large enough for this many fish. To Shove that many fish in a small tank, I call selfish. When you are willing to take such risk with that many living creatures you are a selfish person.
If you did this to see them school go on vacation and visit a large aquarium, I am sure they will have a school of tangs you can take pictures of.

Kaye
Old 06-23-2004, 10:33 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yes finally someone said it. I totally agree with you specialk. For someone who is supposedly a SW enthusiast that is pure selfishness. Also maybe he is laking attention so now he has it.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:45 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Guys, this is a friendly happy community remember.. let's not stoop to personal attacks. It's quite possible to express your opinions without doing so.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:55 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
friendly happy community
Come on it's still the real world, even here. That's called passion for the hobby. I enjoyed the thread on RC, thanks steve-s. I can't believe the contradictions-signature: 6' tank=happy tang Wow you jumped on alot of people here about how they kept their tangs when you first joined, now your Isaac Newton making "observations" and "experimenting" for the progression of the hobby????
Old 06-23-2004, 11:03 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

I stick by what I said. It's possible to say you don't agree with someones decisions without attacking their character. Sixline would be fully justified to defend himself since I'm sure no one here knows him well enough to judge him like that, and then it only takes a few more heated exchanges and you've got yourself a flame war. Why go that route when we're all mature enough to rise above it?

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Old 06-23-2004, 11:09 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry guys...let's cut down on the personal stuff. This was my first reading of this thread, and although I am in total disagreement with what is done, I don't believe this needs to be a personal thing. I think the points been made, please move along.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:10 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice FINatic

maybe the thread should be locked

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com