I Have a Chiller Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evenings

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, now i have a chiller which is now up and running and I think is doing a good job, my question is about the temperature. I set my chiller to 77.5C, the way it works is when the water gets to a degree higher than 77.5 (78.5C) the chiller will start running and stop until it reaches a dregree below 77.5C (76.5). The chiller does the reduction from 78.5 to 76.5 in about a couple of hours (I don't know yet how long it takes for the water to heat back up to 78.5C for the chiller to kick on again).

Ok here comes the real question... Should I worry about those two degree up and down? or is it ok since it is within the desired range of 72-78C? Is my chiller cooling the water too fast ?(2 degrees in less than 2 hours)

Please advice. TIA

What is the max temp of the tank without the chiller?

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
What is the max temp of the tank without the chiller?

Cheers
Steve

86 (thats how far my digital thermometer goes, maybe higher) yikes

fishfreek said:
Personally I feel 78 is to cool.

Yeah i think i might set the chiller to stay on the default setting of 77C or maybe even 76C, let me know which one is better.

I would set the chiller to come on at about 81-81.5° and off at 79.5-80°. If the tank operates at much higher temp without the chiller it will be working fairly hard all the time. Be sure as well that the heater is set to the 79.5-80° as well. You do not want the temp falling off at night when there is no/less ambient heat affecting the tank.

The constant changes in temp are a concern but much less so than 86° 8O Lesser of two evils I suppose.

Cheers
Steve

thanks steve, i'll try that, but im afraid that might be too warm for my newly purchased condy anemones.

Back
Top Bottom