I have a dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BozziniINC

Aquarium Advice Activist
If ever one day in the future after college i would love to do a mantis shrimp tank. I think their amazing creatures. But i would probably never get to it unless i found 3000 dollars on the ground. I would also love to get a 500 gallon tank and keep a green moray eel and a sand tiger shark in it. But thats only a expense thought that ran across my mind today

Nu-Nu the eel said:
It would cost 200 bucks at most to create a mantis shrimp tank....

+1 if that lol a 500 gallon predator tank though is a different story haha

I mean id have to get new equipment and a new tank and live rock. My 70 gallon predator fw and 30 gallon mudskipper tank entertains me enough.

Mantis shrimp only need 10 gallon tanks minimum.... So all you need is the tank, strong filter, few pounds of sand and rock and your done. Hah well under 200 dollars actually!

You could always find a good deal on craigslist. I just saw a 135 gallon tank, stand, and canister filters for $200. Not that expensive to start up a tank for a mantis shrimp. Lights to grow corals and protein skimmers are what drain people of their money! Both of which you don't need. It would be cool to do a display refugium type tank. Have all different types of macroalgae and the mantis shrimp.

Now if I had a dream: I would be Aquaman. And the ocean would be my tank!!!! No more buying anything! I could even have a whale! But most of all know more testing water, and NO MORE WATER CHANGES!!!! Lol. Now that is a dream!!! Hehe

Bahahaha ive seen a video of a guy in london who had a HUGE fish tank built for his house which he had torn down most of his basement for. And i mean these fish were as big as my 70 gallon or even larger. But im only 14 so mom an dad probably wouldn let me do that lol

Back
Top Bottom