I have caught the crab!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I caught the little ........humm lets just say I caught the little bugger. I currently have him trapped in a piece of rock that is in a bowl in the kitchen. When my husband gets home he gets the honor of getting him out. I am so excited I was really worried about my stuff. Not to mention my new pom pom crab which I found to be alive today. Funny, it was in the same rock. Must be a crab loving rock. I'm happy it's finally over.

Rachel

I'm taking him to the LFS I can't kill it. Maybe he can do something with it. He's a rock crab, bad for reefs.

Rachel

Thank you!! I am excited to have caught it. I feel like I can rest again.

Rachel

I found a local reefer to take my 6 rock crabs and my mantis. I pulled some more that I was going to put in my fuge but through a series of unfortunate events they didn't make it.

I couldn't get him out of the rock. My husband says he thinks he killed it. But I'm scared to put the rock back in until I know for sure. I can't seem to flush him out. If he was dead wouldn't he flush out somewhere?

Scatcat said:
Thank you!! I am excited to have caught it. I feel like I can rest again.

Rachel

I know what you mean. I temporarily put a foxface in my 20g reef and was dreading the day I'd be forced to take him out because he's so fast and will hide when I enter the room. This sounds REALLY BAD but I found him dead a few days ago in the back of the tank and although it's REALLY SAD, I feel much more comfortable knowing I don't have to deal with him. His top fin (dorsal?) was poisonous and he'd spike them everytime I put my hand in the tank so that didn't make me feel better either.

Overall, I'd rather take him out alive rather than dead obviously, but it's over....I've got closure at last.....

Saltz

I had a hitchhiker crab that was eating coral and I fianally found him and got him out. It was a rock crab.
Overall, I'd rather take him out alive rather than dead obviously, but it's over....I've got closure at last.....

Me too it is hard for me to kill something but I guess sometimes it has to be done.

the first rock crab i cought ended up getting his own 20g tank cause i couldnt kill it now thier is 3 rock crabs and a red spotter hermit the size of a baseball and they are in a nice 50g and one in my sump

the first rock crab i cought ended up getting his own 20g tank cause i couldnt kill it now thier is 3 rock crabs and a red spotter hermit the size of a baseball and they are in a nice 50g and one in my sump

It's hard. I have problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom