I have Margarita Crabs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leahdanilalton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm sure this happens to everybody but I find it particularly funny. My clean up crew consists of Margarita Snails, an assortment of Hermit Crabs and some Peppermint Shrimp. But now I guess you could say we have Margarita Crabs because every once in a while when a snail gets stuck upside down one of our crabs gets a hearty meal.....then he gets a new home..lol..I just noticed yesterday that what used to be snails are now crabs in a snails shell.....isn't that like the wolfe in sheeps clothing.lol!

Isn't nature great? i am torn on the whole "clawless" clean-up crew debate. It would certainly avoid things like this but everytime I look at my tank, those darn crabs are working away. They do a great job cleaning up the ottom of hte tank. I to have lost a snails or two to these little monsters but they sure are helpful.

I don't have the heart to get rid of my hemits. They do a great job and are quite entertaining to watch.
I have a Cerith Crab right now too. 8O
We have one Blue Legged Hermit that has gotten absolutely huge. 8O 8O
I need to find some larger shells ASAP

Back
Top Bottom