I hit the LR jackpot!!!!Pics:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidkameleon3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well when I was on ebay last night I saw a guy selling 50lbs from a multi year tank. I had just shut it when I saw the sellers location Cincinatti about 40 minutes away.

Emailed,called off work. $4lb for the 50.Then he dropped the bomb on me.He had some zoo inhabited rocks (30lbs) , he says since I bought the 50lbs he'll let me have the zoo rocks for $2lbs. Had to buy it Tell the wife later I geuss:(

edit: oh ya he gave a scope of LS from his 280gal also.

Side note: I got another 15lbs coming from a guy in CT.Do you think 110lbs ish is to much for a 55gallon?

Do you think 110lbs ish is to much for a 55gallon?

Its rough on the fish...not a lot of room to swim. I have about 120lbs in my 55, but its distributed between the tank, a wet/dry, and a fuge.

Looks good, from the tank pic, looks like you got room for another 15 lbs ;) Take some more pics when the water clears, looks like some really cool rock!!

ya that damn sand is still in the water. Ya I only plan on keeping small fish (2-4" full grown).I also got my 2 other bulbs.I moved the atinics to the top 2 spots and 1 on the side and moved the others to the side alot less bright in there now.Which is nice it was blinding me with the 10k's in the top.

Also found the local reef club I so needed .He said meeting is next week and I should never have to pay for corals again if I contribute back to teh gruop when my tank matures 8O

I'm jealous.. wish I could find a local reef club around here..

I have 140# in my 55. There's plenty of swimming room for the fish. I just added a sump to compensate for the roughly 16 gallons that the sand and rock displace.

gotz_potential said:
I'm jealous.. wish I could find a local reef club around here..

If you cant find one. Then start one. :) Thats what we are trying to do here where I am living.

Im in the Dallas area. The T.A.R.E. club is getting together this weekend for a frag trade at Saltwater Paradise. It doesnt cost anything to join. You can even just show up if you like. Kick me an email if you like.

Squishy

Back
Top Bottom